Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Govement u-turn

thewilliam e2
6 4.9k
1 Feb 2013 11:19PM

Quote: Seems poorer people have to pay for government planning failure.

Exactly!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LVanDhal 2 126 1 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2013 11:52PM
As a social housing tenant myself I can tell you what will happen because of this "Bedroom Tax" due to the near impossibility of finding a one bed roomed social housing property/flat available, there will be a massive increase in tenants having to illegally sublet a room to cover the imposed
"Bedroom Tax", interesting how it also coincides with a further wave of immigration to the country, its almost as if someone in the Government said "I dunno where we gonna put all these migrants then, and someone else said, hey, lets charge the poor for having any extra space,but make sure they cannot downsize, and then sit back while they solve this little fiasco for us, and we get to keep making money as we can er hem "Catchem at it" take them to court and fine them.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
2 Feb 2013 12:20AM

Quote:I dunno where we gonna put all these migrants then

Private landlords are buying up houses by the bucket loads offering marked up prices, the migrants need them for rental, meaning fewer affordable properties for young families to buy so there forced to join the social housing waiting list Sad

You only have to visit towns like Peterborough to see what`s going wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVP0RRvl2WE
KevSB
10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 12:21AM
600,000 single person accommodation needed, yet only 300,000 exist in the uk, Scam is exactly what it is. All that will happen is many will get into arrears, will cost a fortune perusing them and evicting them.
This is just the tip of the ice berg that they are intending to bring in over the next 12 months.
LVanDhal 2 126 1 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 3:12AM

Quote:I dunno where we gonna put all these migrants then

Private landlords are buying up houses by the bucket loads offering marked up prices, the migrants need them for rental, meaning fewer affordable properties for young families to buy so there forced to join the social housing waiting list Sad

You only have to visit towns like Peterborough to see what`s going wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVP0RRvl2WE

Sadly i know only too well, I live surrounded by "Accommodation" created by greedy Local landlords that is packed out with migrant workers.
I regularly get woken at 4am by the vans pulling up to cart these poor souls off for another 12 hour shift with those beacons of responsible employers, the Gang master.
I noticed on the intro to the youtube link it shows the now standard stereotypical interview with a young lad coming out of the job center and saying he would rather sign on than do the land work jobs the migrants do,
what annoys me is, young lads never did do those jobs.
those jobs were predominantly the preserve of women in this agricultural area,
my mother worked as part of a vast, female only, carrot topping crew for a local gang master.
I did strawberry picking in my teen age years, again most of the pickers were female, the only men around were employed to stack the trays on to the lorry, and keep an eye on how fast the women were working, reporting those to the Gov'nr who were not up to scratch.
It was the same with the rose packers, sprout toppers, and the spud factory crew,and the reason it was all female is because we were cheaper, and far easier to rip off.
Many of the agricultural enterprises round this part of the country have been going for generations, so they are delighted to find a source of yet again cheep, easily exploitable, labour and even better if that source doesn't even speak the language, let alone understand employment rights, with the added bonus that now they get man sized labour that isn't too lippy about wanting to only drive the van, ride the tractor, or have a wage slip that reflects the real amount they were paid.
What do these local "employers" mean when they say they cannot find people willing to do these agricultural jobs, they mean that the supply of women has decreased because these days women can now get other, better, jobs, better than standing for hours on end in rat infested open sheds cutting the tops off carrots, or spending back breaking hours in ice cold open fields, picking vegetables.
ast333 e2
3 776 England
2 Feb 2013 8:49AM
Maybe if the government stopped sending bags of cash overseas and used some of that cash to renovate the thousands of properties lying empty there would be enough housing for everyone .
triumphv8 e2
7 453 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 8:52AM

Quote:therre will be a massive increase in tenants having to illegally sublet a room to cover the imposed

Or why not house share with a friend or welcome in a homeless person, again seems like a good idea if it leads to better use of existing house numbers.
sitan1 e2
6 565 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 9:03AM
looks like Great Britain isn't all that Great anymore.
Our country has gone downhill so much there is no way back.
The government has run it into the ground and making us hard working families pay for it while they rake in the dividends.
I feel sorry for my children when they have to get a job and leave home thanks to a crap society created by greedy politicians and large corporations.
Sick to death of it all really.
Lets tax the poor and let the large companies get away with it.
Sick to death of the people on benefits pulling up outside the schools in brand new cars whilst me and my family struggle on, even though Ive worked since leaving school.
The system in place has got out of control and being abused by everyone including abroad.
Sorry for the rant and veering off point slightly but the way things are going makes me furious, I could go on and on about this subject but I've got to go back to work to pay extortionate amount of tax to support the lazy sods (I know not everyone is lazy and it's circumstance stopping certain people getting jobs, those are the people I don't mind supporting).
Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr
It's amazing how some people are better off on benefits than in work.
Thats it I'm stopping now Sad
puertouk e2
3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 10:40AM
The problem is that the UK opened its doors to the Eastern block countries for them to come and work here, yet other EU countries did not. The trouble is, the UK is an easy way of life for all these migrants. In there own countries, its very hard, with low pay, poor health cover and poor housing conditions. In the Uk, its heaven sent. Free health cover, free this and that! They rent a 3 bedroom house and there's around 10 living in the place sharing the rent.

Landlords are ruthless and are buying up property faster than they come onto the market. British people cannot get work because of the migrants who will accept low wages and poor working conditions, whereas the British will not work for rediculously low wages and poor working conditions. Why should you go to work and earn less than being on Social Security? This should never happen and its the Conservatives that should stop this happening, but they won't do this, as they will back employers, not the workers.

If I returned to the Uk I would not be entitled to go on any state benefit or the National Health for 3 months, yet I have worked in the UK for over 30 years!
thewilliam e2
6 4.9k
2 Feb 2013 11:21AM

Quote:If I returned to the Uk I would not be entitled to go on any state benefit or the National Health for 3 months, yet I have worked in the UK for over 30 years!

Not even if you burned your passport, pretended to speak no English and called yourself an asylum-seeker?
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 11:43AM

Quote:If I returned to the Uk I would not be entitled to go on any state benefit or the National Health for 3 months, yet I have worked in the UK for over 30 years!

..... and whats wrong with that. You chose to live abroad, so? Also I bet you claim your heating allowance like most ex pats do..........

Quote: British people cannot get work because of the migrants who will accept low wages and poor working conditions, whereas the British will not work for rediculously low wages and poor working conditions.

This is a false perception. Imigrants. and certainly those from Eastern Bloc countries like Poland come here and work their butts off. UK residents choose not do those jobs not because the pay is low, more they prefer to be on the dole on benefits.
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 12:00PM

Quote:Why should you go to work and earn less than being on Social Security?

Ermmmmmmm, Its about self esteem, contibuting to society, making an effort, being proud of yourself and setting an example and a model to your children. Neither should you receive more money on benefits than someone doing a full weeks work on minimum wages, so lets cut benefits even more!

I think there should be a really low basic benefit and to receive more you have to earn it by working for a Charity perhaps, or cutting the grass in your local park, or even sorting the clothes that the council collect etc etc but you have to do something to contribute to get benefits. Now some will come back and say there are NO jobs and of course that is true to some extent but you could still do something in return for benefits.
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 12:09PM

Quote:How long will it be, before they start taxing the owner occupier sector on the same basis?

No need. an owner occupier is self sufficient taking nothing from the state. Social housing is a seperate issue.
sitan1 e2
6 565 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 12:23PM

Quote:Why should you go to work and earn less than being on Social Security?

Ermmmmmmm, Its about self esteem, contibuting to society, making an effort, being proud of yourself and setting an example and a model to your children. Neither should you receive more money on benefits than someone doing a full weeks work on minimum wages, so lets cut benefits even more!

I think there should be a really low basic benefit and to receive more you have to earn it by working for a Charity perhaps, or cutting the grass in your local park, or even sorting the clothes that the council collect etc etc but you have to do something to contribute to get benefits. Now some will come back and say there are NO jobs and of course that is true to some extent but you could still do something in return for benefits.

I vote you in as Prime Minister Grin
sitan1 e2
6 565 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 12:27PM

Quote:How long will it be, before they start taxing the owner occupier sector on the same basis?

No need. an owner occupier is self sufficient taking nothing from the state. Social housing is a seperate issue.

When you get old and can't take care of yourself they make you sell your house you worked for all your life to pay for that care, even though you paid tax and NI (mmmm sounds like owner occupier tax to me)(just don't get ill when your old).
No problem if your on benefits nothing to lose everything to gain, were do I sign up, me no speaky da English.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.