Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Gratitude for the one a day rule

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    StephenBrighton
    15 Apr 2008 - 10:30 PM

When I first signed up as a paying EPZer I had no idea as to why the "one upload a day" limitation was so important. Recently I have spent some time on flickr (please don't ban me for admitting that there is more than one online image sharing resource!).

It seems to me that unlimited uploads are counter-productive to improving imagery if, like me, a TOG is on a mission to improve each and every day the opportunity to capture images.

Speaking for myself I am so grateful that the one-a-day limit forces me to consider carefully which images I share with my friends and acquaintances on EPZ

What is your experience or am I just hallucinating?

Thanks for sharing

Stephen

p.s. Have you ever looked at the first and last images in a randomly selected EPZer's portfolio and noted the significant improvement in the quality of her or his work?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Apr 2008 - 10:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Simon_P
    Simon_P  8487 forum posts United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2008 - 10:37 PM

I agree the one a day is a good thing, better to have quality rather than quantity.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2008 - 11:04 PM

Agree absolutely, Although it may not look like it....Sad.....Sometimes...LOL.

I quite often keep an image I'm considering posting, On hold for a day or 2, I go back to it during that period, And if I don't hate it to much...Sad I might then consider uploading...!

But then I don't upload on a daily basis anyhow..!

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014845 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2008 - 11:11 PM

EPZ and Flickr are different beasts really

Flickr's got more in common with Facebook than EPZ - it's more of a place to share your photos with your mates, upload the shots of them embarassing themselves on a friday!

That said, there are some serious groups on there, so if you join those you can get near to EPZ - but it's not quite the same.

Main thing I use it for is organising "sets" for people to look at - the rapid upload tool is good and you can quickly knock together a gallery for any reason.

For everything else, here's best Smile

theorderingone
    16 Apr 2008 - 12:04 AM

Flickr does have a couple of useful slideshow features, which I use to keep the 'recent work' part of my website up to date easily.

I can just bung a couple of low res images in the uploader and it will even read the title and description from the IPTC tags in the image.

The only issue with it is that the one you can embed in your website doesn't work with every browser, but there is a more compatible version, which opens in its own window you can fall back on if needed.

Here is better for learning about specific types of photography, such as landscapes, and of course there's the various bits of reviews and such like, which aren't on flickr.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.