Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Greetings from the States

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    saptech
    saptech  1 United States
    30 Dec 2012 - 3:58 PM

My name is Steve and I'm in the computer tech field.

I have decided to try my hand at photography but first I need to get a real camera. I'm currently using my cell phone camera, a Samsung Stratosphere. I would like to get a nice point & shoot type of camera for starters and maybe down the road get a more expensive camera.

When I upload any photos, comment's/critiques are welcome.

Thnx.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Dec 2012 - 3:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    30 Dec 2012 - 4:24 PM

Welcome Steve.

Well... you are certainly in the right place when it comes to resources to get you from A to Z in the world of Photography!

As to what to get first... that's a challenging call as all the mainstream guys have excellent 'offerings' right across that spectrum!

You could do worse that try the site Search function and see what that throws out for you - and if you have questions arising from what transpires then come right back to the Forums.

That said, I'm sure several members will be along to offer advise shortly anyhow!! Grin

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73355 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Dec 2012 - 5:59 PM

Quote: My name is Steve and I'm in the computer tech field.

Oh dear, that sounds like an introduction in a computerholics meeting. Wink

Seriously though, welcome Steve. As Mike says this is a great place to start your photographic journey.
    Before spending your hard earned dollars try to decide on what you want a camera to do. What sort of photography particularly interests you, although that may change as you become more experienced, then draw up a short-list of the cameras that fulfill your requirements.

Then throw it away & go buy what you fancy!!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.