Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Gretna Green

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    f8
    f8  119169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2009 - 11:54 PM

I'm going to Scotland on Sunday for six days,after reading about the abysmal wet weather they have had there recently can any kind soul give me hope of better weather to look forward to?We will be going to Peebles,Tweed Valley,Moffat,Ayr,Dumfries,Kirkudbright.
    Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Sep 2009 - 11:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rowarrior
    rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Sep 2009 - 12:29 AM

Allegedly it'll be better from the middle of the week if that makes you feel better. Otherwise bring your wellies Wink

cmawson
    cmawson  11271 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Sep 2009 - 12:55 AM

From personal experience, having lived in Moffat for a while, until last December, there appeared to be many micro-climates. If it rained in Moffat, up the road 5 miles or so it was good weather, & vice versa. Although, September, for me appears to be a good time to be in the area.

I absolutely loved Moffat & the surrounding areas when it was misty &/or raining, it added to the atmosphere of the surrounding countryside & hills.

I truly miss the Moffat area, and, believe it or not, the varied weather it has. Enjoy your visit & take a chance.

Snapper
    Snapper  93752 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Sep 2009 - 1:07 AM

Tuesday isn't looking so great Stuart, so perhaps a hide at Caerlaverock?

DOGSBODY
    DOGSBODY  51432 forum posts England30 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Sep 2009 - 8:17 AM

I have just consulted my piece of seaweed and it forecasts hurricanes and flash floods with continuous lightning strikes followed by further gale force winds and blizzards. Most roads will be unpassable so take a flask and a sandwich with you. The weather is expected to improve in a weeks time when wall to wall blue skies and temperatures of 25 degrees C are expected.

Les_G
    Les_G  7148 forum posts Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Sep 2009 - 8:27 AM

given the rain, wind and cold we have had in the past week I would take the long route via your nearest airport and somewhere much sunnier!
    Having said that, September is meant to improve and is usually a good month for photography.

f8
    f8  119169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Sep 2009 - 12:30 PM

Thanks all for your input, I am still with mixed feelings but will make the most of any opportunity.

Last Modified By f8 at 5 Sep 2009 - 12:30 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.