Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Grey Emulsion Paint

FatHandedChap 8 1.3k England
20 Aug 2008 9:42AM
I'm after some grey paint for my studio walls. Is there any option other than getting somewhere to mix it.

Most DIY shops only do grey in kitchen and bathroom with a semi gloss finish. I tried a couple of testers, one was quite green and the other had a really magenta bias.

A nice neutral grey would be super. Smile

Tony

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chrism8 8 752 14 England
20 Aug 2008 9:53AM
Most DIY stores with a fairly modern mixing machine, ( B&Q ) etc will be able to scan a sample and match fairly close to that.

Try taking in a Grey Card and see if they can match it.

Chris
FatHandedChap 8 1.3k England
20 Aug 2008 10:02AM
Cheers Chris, I'm calling by Wickes and B&Q on the way home, just wondering if there was an off-the-shelf alternative that I'd missed somewhere.
Chrism8 8 752 14 England
20 Aug 2008 12:26PM

Quote:just wondering if there was an off-the-shelf alternative that I'd missed somewhere.

Unlikely as most DIY stores don't have the space to keep all the colours available, they only keep the profitable fast movers and mix the rest from a few base colours.

Chris
StuartAt e2
10 1.0k 6 England
20 Aug 2008 1:14PM
Hi Tony, If you have a look at the Dulux website they have all of their colours listed. Looks like 'Mineral Haze' might be the sort of thing you are after. They describe it as a 'calm neutral'. Another option might be undercoat/primer... although I suspect you might struggle to tell the colour without actually putting it on the wall.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.