Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Grey Emulsion Paint

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    FatHandedChap
    20 Aug 2008 - 9:42 AM

I'm after some grey paint for my studio walls. Is there any option other than getting somewhere to mix it.

Most DIY shops only do grey in kitchen and bathroom with a semi gloss finish. I tried a couple of testers, one was quite green and the other had a really magenta bias.

A nice neutral grey would be super. Smile

Tony

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Aug 2008 - 9:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chrism8
    Chrism8  7745 forum posts England14 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Aug 2008 - 9:53 AM

Most DIY stores with a fairly modern mixing machine, ( B&Q ) etc will be able to scan a sample and match fairly close to that.

Try taking in a Grey Card and see if they can match it.

Chris

FatHandedChap
    20 Aug 2008 - 10:02 AM

Cheers Chris, I'm calling by Wickes and B&Q on the way home, just wondering if there was an off-the-shelf alternative that I'd missed somewhere.

Chrism8
    Chrism8  7745 forum posts England14 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Aug 2008 - 12:26 PM

Quote: just wondering if there was an off-the-shelf alternative that I'd missed somewhere.

Unlikely as most DIY stores don't have the space to keep all the colours available, they only keep the profitable fast movers and mix the rest from a few base colours.

Chris

StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91033 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Aug 2008 - 1:14 PM

Hi Tony, If you have a look at the Dulux website they have all of their colours listed. Looks like 'Mineral Haze' might be the sort of thing you are after. They describe it as a 'calm neutral'. Another option might be undercoat/primer... although I suspect you might struggle to tell the colour without actually putting it on the wall.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.