Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Group On

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

monkeygrip
16 Mar 2012 - 10:07 PM

Wowcher they are much worse than groupon I would go as far as saying they are lower than slime.

I agreed to run a deal with them you know nothing ventured.

I announced lots of new course dates on my website booked the venue for many dates. I then got an e-mail enquiring about booking many places on the course pre offer going live I gave them the full cost price and advised that a wowcher offer was about to run if they wanted a discount.

I then offered the possibility of a discount if he like many people dont want to purchase vouchers he could give me a call and clearly stated that it could not be lower than the wowcher offer.

The day later my contact informed me that the deal was not going ahead because an operative had managed to get a better deal from me.

It turns out that they use hotmail accounts to drive interest in your product/course to make you sign the deal and then use the info to either drive prices down or cancel it all together.

They cost me a few bob luckily not fatal to the business but I hope with every fibre they go bust and everyone involved in that crooked underhand hive of scum find themselves begging on the streets.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Mar 2012 - 10:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul_Anthony
17 Mar 2012 - 9:32 AM

There are a few new companies jumping on the band wagon, Living Social, Wowcher and KGB deals.

Group On, although having had a few initial issues, seem to be the most reliable. Our contact with them insists that you are 100% happy with the deal before you sign the contract, they also make quite a few checks to ensure that the deal you are offering stacks up and is not open to any issues with regards to misleading their customers or partners.

mohikan22
mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2012 - 9:39 AM

BUT.. Groupon bombard you with emails, and you have to unsubscribe from each section not just "groupon" which i found REALLY annoying, evryday 4-7 emails.

Paul_Anthony
17 Mar 2012 - 10:54 AM

I have not signed up to receive their daily e-mails so cannot comment on that. I only use them as a marketing tool for my business, and on that, I cannot fault them.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.