Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Group test

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Snapper_T
Snapper_T e2 Member 10848 forum postsSnapper_T vcard United Kingdom
19 Aug 2009 - 4:45 AM

Matts lates group test is worth a read - clicky

Last Modified By Snapper_T at 19 Aug 2009 - 4:46 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Aug 2009 - 4:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken
franken e2 Member 123143 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2009 - 11:01 AM

Nikon & Canon users may get very upset!

Ken

grahamab
grahamab  8183 forum posts England
19 Aug 2009 - 11:10 AM

Horses for courses, you can read these tests till the cows come home, bottom line is, if your a canon user you buy canon etc, i have always bought canon as I know their little viables and querks and am very happy with them. Nikon and Sony etc will say the same...

G.

User_Removed
19 Aug 2009 - 11:17 AM

Not upset at all. Still love my D300.

JamesBurns
19 Aug 2009 - 11:23 AM

Quote: Nikon & Canon users may get very upset!

Ken

[sarcasm]
God yeah... Crying into our beer. Beaten by a Sony. Boo hoo, a-boo-hoo-hoo.
[/sarcasm]

Last Modified By JamesBurns at 19 Aug 2009 - 11:23 AM
franken
franken e2 Member 123143 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2009 - 11:44 AM

My comment was a bit of fun and to see what the reaction was and it is so far as expected.

Ken

wrinkles
wrinkles e2 Member 5349 forum postswrinkles vcard United Kingdom
19 Aug 2009 - 12:00 PM

Good old Sony wtch this space in the futher.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2009 - 12:13 PM

For somebody looking to get into DSLR ownership a very useful test.

JamesBurns
19 Aug 2009 - 12:25 PM

Quote: For somebody looking to get into DSLR ownership a very useful test.

Possibly.

But it doesn't take into account the type and range of both accessories available, not to mention lenses, not to mention support in the form of service centres, etc... With regards to the Pentax, not even Jessops will touch them any more!

And that's without addressing the social stigma of owning a Pentax or Sony, along with the psychological impact that all the mocking, spitting and punching from random passers-by will inevitably cause.

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2009 - 12:32 PM

Quote: owning a Pentax or Sony, along with the psychological impact that all the mocking, spitting and punching from random passers-by will inevitably cause

Canon and Nikon users can be such a jealous and vindictive bunch.... Smile

JamesBurns
19 Aug 2009 - 12:36 PM

Pfft... Over here we do all of that, then throw them in the river with their executive, leather-effect, "luxury" camera bag tied to their ankles. The mocking and spitting are just your regular, non-camera touting, members of the public.

Maybe Sony and Pentax should have used a more soothing font when designing their cameras?

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72305 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2009 - 12:56 PM

Quote: Quote:For somebody looking to get into DSLR ownership a very useful test.Possibly.

But it doesn't take into account the type and range of both accessories available, not to mention lenses, not to mention support in the form of service centres, etc... With regards to the Pentax, not even Jessops will touch them any more!

This is very true, and something that may not be considered by someone looking for a first dslr in this price range.
The points mentioned should be integrated into the testing, to give a better overall view of what system you're buying into.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2009 - 1:01 PM

I haven't seen a test yet which gives all the answers and replaces actually thinking about what you want and trying the systems out. However it does give some good information which is useful as a starting point.

Snapper_T
Snapper_T e2 Member 10848 forum postsSnapper_T vcard United Kingdom
20 Aug 2009 - 10:37 PM

If someone is just getting in to DSLR's then yes it proves useful. As we know, a majority of new DSLR user usually stick with the kit lens/lenses and rarely upgrade, maybe only adding filters and tripod. The more enthusiastic the user the accessories list will matter alot more.

Trev

RogBrown
RogBrown  73006 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2009 - 10:51 PM

Quote: And that's without addressing the social stigma of owning a Pentax or Sony, along with the psychological impact that all the mocking, spitting and punching from random passers-by will inevitably cause.

My my! A raw nerve has been touched here I feel. Wink

Rog (Sony owner)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.