Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Growing your photography business ...

20 Sep 2012 5:11PM
I have been taking photos off and on the past few years and I would like to move it forward into a full time job - as I am trying to move locations and I cannot take my day job with me - I have been able to make regularlly half of my regular salary each month by taking photos evens and weekends - I would like to take this a step further and get more steady/higher paying work in the near future - just not sure what that is or where to find this work. I know most photographers like to work on there own and don't like to work with a second shooter.

I ask just for pointers on where to go next - or something to try and see if that works ...

I love working with people and get along with them perfectly - but I also know there are loads of photographers out there this day and age as well ...

So what goes good with a talented photographer that would fill the other side of the void ...

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 5:17PM

Quote:So what goes good with a talented photographer that would fill the other side of the void ...

Thanks

I hope you do well but looking at your portfolio, I would keep on learning for a little bit longer yet.
20 Sep 2012 5:24PM
take a look online here to see what I have done - www.awcreations.ca

The stuff I have online here is from when I first got my D90 ...
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 10:46PM
Hi Andrew , got to be honest with you I would concentrate on honing your skills and trying to find yourself a USP as at the moment your work is the wrong side of average and isnt going to win any awards. You need a more varied portfolio and more creativity showing in your shots , that will come with the love of photography , not the love making money from it - if you can see what I mean ? Sometimes you have to learn to walk confidently before you try and run a marathon.

regards
Andrew
21 Sep 2012 2:35PM
Now I need to know what I am missing - what is it that I should be working on ... any pointers out there ... I seem to be missing something at this point.
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
21 Sep 2012 2:53PM
Well for example, IMHO your shot of Czechoslovakian and Russian planes (Titles 2 US planes) shows a very off line horizon, edge interference with a tree sticking into the bottom right corner and an eye catching orange buoy, both of which would be better cloned out.

Your summer sunset has too much dark out of focus stuff at the bottom showing too large an aperture.

Your flower is not sharp enough, probably because of the same reason as above.
21 Sep 2012 3:08PM
The photos online here are a little dated - I will be updating them today - check out photos on www.awcreations.ca and let me know what you think of these photos.

Thanks
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
22 Sep 2012 5:23PM

Quote:Now I need to know what I am missing - what is it that I should be working on ... any pointers out there ... I seem to be missing something at this point.

To be a good photographer or take a good photo requires an 'eye' so to speak and personally I dont think it can be taught , you can teach someone how to use a camera but that wont make them take good photos , so really it boils down to you , get more involved with your work and try and challenge yourself creatively , see things through the eye of a lens in your every day life and work out what floats your boat , photography is a journey and takes a lifetime to travel , so just have fun and let it flow ..

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.