Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guardian angels - discuss

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mark2uk
    mark2uk  8739 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Mar 2007 - 6:35 PM

24 hours ago I was taking my family out for the evening. On the way we stopped at my parents for a while.

My 6 year old wanted to stay with grandma and grandad, so my mum offered to have all the kids for the night. I tried to talk her out of but she insisted on having them all.

Helen and myself went on our way and 10 minutes later a woman with two children in her car decided to do a u-turn on the dual carriage way. I was 10 yards astern of her vehicle when she pulled hard right across my lane - aiming for a gap in the central reservation (meant for horses - where a bridleway crosses the carriage way). I hit her side on at 65mph and the impact almost sent my car through onto the other carriage way, luckily it didn't quite go through the gap in the barriers.
    I got away with a cut thumb, bruising to both shins, and a facial scratch from the air bag. Helen has the outline of the seatbelt in a perfect bruise across her body.
    The emergency services said if the kids had been in the back of my car they could have been seriously injured with the force of the impact.

The woman and the two kids were very shook up but walked away with a few cuts from the broken glass.

Nobody was seriously hurt and for that I am thankful.
    The police are going to charge her with reckless driving.

I was in shock for most of last night, and it has taken most of today to get Helen back in a car. She's OK now and has gone out for the evening with some friends.

I'm here with my kids thanks to our guardian angel - my mum.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Mar 2007 - 6:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Mar 2007 - 6:40 PM

Scary stuff... thank goodness you all ok...

Skodster
    Skodster  8902 forum posts Ireland
    24 Mar 2007 - 6:43 PM

Unbelievable...........what was the other driver thinking????

jeanie
    jeanie e2 Member 105968 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Mar 2007 - 6:49 PM

Thank goodness you two are ok, and her kids in her car are good too.....

Jeanie

starliz
    starliz  101594 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Mar 2007 - 6:51 PM

Someone was certainly looking out for you all.

Thank goodness you are all physically ok really scary an accident like that though,and thank god for grandmas and grandads.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Mar 2007 - 6:59 PM

Spooky, Sounds like your 6 year old & your Mum both had the right idea, Real glad you all survived.

Sounds like one of those tales about someone who missed an airline flight for somereason or other, Only later to hear that the plane crashed with no survivors, Well spooky.

User_Removed
    24 Mar 2007 - 9:46 PM

12 years ago I was playing golf with a friend of mine and to cut a long story short, we decided to wave the playing pair behind us (one, a female being a friend of mine.)through so as not to hold up their play. This is customary in the game.
    20 minutes later, the lady of the pair we let through, teed off from 40 yards away and hit the ball with such force, it lifted me off the ground after hitting me in the eye. The result being total blindness in my left eye.

Four things come to mind.
    (1) Never trust women drivers.
    (2) She is stil my friend
    (3) My guardian angel must have had the day off!
    (4) I can either mope about it for the rest of my life, or get on with it.

Sorry to hear about your accident mark and glad everyones OK.

Gerry.

ZenTog
    ZenTog  127875 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Mar 2007 - 10:10 PM

I was driving back from london in a borrowed car a xr3i , having virtually no sleep began to take its toll, I nodded off whilst overtaking 2 caravans on the motorway, must have nodded off, woke to find the car doing a 360 turn followed by another 180 , and this was from over 90mph,
    ended up facing the wrong way on the motor way with the two caravans now bearing down on me , both of them swung around me with out even scraping the car, I got onto the hard shoulder got out of the car shaking like a jellyfish
    my gaurdian angels, must have had one on each shoulder that day!!!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.