Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guest Editor

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

julesm
julesm  101698 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 10:04 PM

Really enjoying doing this this week, and respect to the main man. It's a lot of work Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jan 2012 - 10:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318449 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 10:10 PM

Thanks Jules - glad you're enjoying Smile
Just had a quick look - I see you've found some belters already! I haven't had chance to have a look through today I'll catch up tomorrow am.

Last Modified By Pete at 16 Jan 2012 - 10:11 PM
julesm
16 Jan 2012 - 10:19 PM

I can't believe how many bird pics I've selected. Not my thing, but some are stunning, I guess you notice these things when you look at each and every pic instead of flitting through the thumbnails?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318449 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 10:24 PM

Quote: I can't believe how many bird pics I've selected. Not my thing, but some are stunning

One of the beefs with many about my choice is my "favouritism for birds" As you're finding we have some incredible bird photographers. If they upload great pictures they will get awards regardless of whether I like the subject personally or not. So go with what your eyes see Smile

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2012 - 10:38 PM

yes Pete, there are some stunning 'bird' photos on here Wink

julesm
16 Jan 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yep I always go with what my eyes see, but perhaps I wasn't looking in the first place

Pete
16 Jan 2012 - 10:43 PM

Quote: yes Pete, there are some stunning 'bird' photos on here

Yes there are those too Smile

julesm
22 Jan 2012 - 9:35 PM

Well, almost done for my week, and it looks like a went a bit mad! Tongue
I couldn't help it, I saw so many great pics, although if I do it again, I think I might make use of the short list function?

Thanks for the opportunity to select some pics that stood out to me

Until next time...

Jules

funkeldink
funkeldink  101592 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jan 2012 - 11:31 PM

looking forward Grin

Pete
23 Jan 2012 - 9:58 AM

Thanks Jules, good work Smile
If anyone else would like a go pop over here Guest Editors and add your name

funkeldink
24 Jan 2012 - 7:43 AM

would be good to have a GE Award for photo of the Week... pick the best one from the week as GE ... Wink

julesm
24 Jan 2012 - 9:05 AM

Now I like that idea, or a GEH for guest editor highly commended, although I found myself using normal clicks for those, which does the job.

Could the GEA pages show who chose them, and/ or who's currently on duty, so to speak.

It all works well though as it is, so on,y suggestions, p,ease feel free to ignore Smile

Pete
24 Jan 2012 - 9:18 AM

Quote: would be good to have a GE Award for photo of the Week... pick the best one from the week as GE ..

No reason why you can't create a new user award and call it your POTW
Quote:
Now I like that idea, or a GEH for guest editor highly commended, although I found myself using normal clicks for those, which does the job.

Yes good because we don't want another layer to this
Quote:
Could the GEA pages show who chose them, and/ or who's currently on duty, so to speak.

It would be good if we could make the post more prominent, but showing who chose them on the GE pages would make displaying the photos a bit odd. It's not an even choice on the grid so we couldn't section them off well. The way we do it currently is you click on the GE award under each photo and it says who gave the award.

julesm
24 Jan 2012 - 10:34 AM

Thanks Pete, and agreed about the extra layer.

funkeldink
27 Jan 2012 - 12:39 AM

Some great stuff so far ,,, really enjoying it ... i am confused however by the amount of day time owls ,,,, have they forgot they are nocturnal lol

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.