Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guest Editors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
11 Dec 2009 - 1:49 PM

Wow, I am impressed. But to look at them constructively, I mean I find looking at 5 pages of the gallery hard work. Hats off to you all.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Dec 2009 - 1:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andytvcams
andytvcams  1210396 forum posts United Kingdom
11 Dec 2009 - 1:52 PM

Quote: Quote:Ah.... so how do Junior members award GE for nude then, Pete?A slight flaw in the system. I'm sure the photographers who uploaded into adult can cope without a GE award for the one or two weeks a junior is guest editor.

Doesn't make it a level playing field though does it Pete.

User_Removed
11 Dec 2009 - 1:56 PM

Well if we sub catigaised everyone into groups by ability and shoe size we would have a level playing field! Sorry. Another thread.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2009 - 1:59 PM

Quote: Doesn't make it a level playing field though does it Pete.

It does in every other category...
Have you a better suggestion?

ketch
ketch e2 Member 7770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2009 - 2:04 PM

Roughly you will have to look at around 3325 images (about 475 per day). Assuming you are like me an it takes you about one minute to look at say five images then your committment will be about 11 hours of viewing for the week or just over 90 minutes each day.

This breaks down a little because the images you want to nominate I suspect will keep your attention much longer than the 10 seconds I have allowed for the no hopers. Also if you wish to leave comments too then you may well get down to just two or three images per minute, if that. then committment in terms of time will be more like 2 to 3 hours each day.

That said I am up for it - sometime in the new year - please put my name on the list.

Cheers

Robert

andytvcams
11 Dec 2009 - 2:11 PM

Quote: QuoteGrinoesn't make it a level playing field though does it Pete.It does in every other category...
Have you a better suggestion?

How about junior guest editors give out awards to the junior gallery.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2009 - 2:24 PM

Well speaking on behalf of Joe who's already been a GE, and Jonah who's about to take up the task, that would be a waste of great talent. I'm not saying the junior gallery isn't worth it, but the whole gallery, which includes the junior gallery, is a much better use of these guys time who're both very much on the ball when it comes to photography, and also very much behind ePHOTOzine, so will put their all into it. It would be a shame to exclude them from the option and as I say I'm sure for the two weeks they're doing it that the posters in adult sections won't be offended, well no one mentioned it when Joe edited so I think that clarifies it's not an issue.

User_Removed
11 Dec 2009 - 2:29 PM

I think having the juniors as GEs is a great idea.

90 minutes a day, not as bad I a thought actually.

sut68
sut68 e2 Member 111998 forum postssut68 vcard England76 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2009 - 2:33 PM

Just a small point, but Joe's no longer a junior Pete, he can see all the rude stuff now [should he choose that is] Wink

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2009 - 2:36 PM

Hey no need to mention his small point Paul - he's probably still growing.
Smile

andytvcams
11 Dec 2009 - 4:12 PM

Pete if you want to change the goal posts to suit you then go ahead its your site.
But it does make me wonder why you come on forums as you have done in the past to defend your position when members have accused you of favoritism when it comes to EC/HC awards.

You have clearly stated that when giving out awards you exclude nobody and treat everybody the same.
Yet now your saying its ok to exclude members who submit adult tagged photos because the guest editor happens to be a junior.

Pete
11 Dec 2009 - 5:15 PM

Quote: Pete if you want to change the goal posts to suit you then go ahead its your site.
But it does make me wonder why you come on forums as you have done in the past to defend your position when members have accused you of favoritism when it comes to EC/HC awards.

You have clearly stated that when giving out awards you exclude nobody and treat everybody the same.
Yet now your saying its ok to exclude members who submit adult tagged photos because the guest editor happens to be a junior.

I'm not changing goal post? It's a different award.

lawbert
lawbert  71720 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2009 - 5:35 PM

Quote: Well speaking on behalf of Joe who's already been a GE, and Jonah who's about to take up the task

Surely younger members are the future of photography and thier views and opinions are as valid as anyones.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Joe on a shoot and I learnt so much from his enthusiasm and skills, He took far better pictures than me.

rowarrior
rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2009 - 5:41 PM

Quote: 90 minutes a day, not as bad I a thought actually.

It's easier to do them in batches I find, shortlisting the possibles as I go, then come back and decide at the end of the night. I think it has taken me more than 90 minutes though, probably about 3 hours a day.

jonah794
jonah794  51723 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2009 - 7:39 PM

Quote: Surely younger members are the future of photography and thier views and opinions are as valid as anyones.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Joe on a shoot and I learnt so much from his enthusiasm and skills, He took far better pictures than me

Thank you! Yes, I think I could show a different opinion than others, and yes, of course I can't do the nude shots... I am very young... but, as said, they can wait for one week. As I obviously have that disabled, I don't know how many of the ECs and HCs and GEAs are nude shots - as they don't appear. So therefore, I will only be judging on what I see as the best in MY eyes. If I can't see certain pictures - then I can't judge. I don't particulary want to either Wink

Anyway, I really appreciate being chosen to do it, Joe did a super job, and I am very happy to put my committment to EPZ into the GEA awards. So what if I have to look at so many pictures? I can learn from them, marvel in their splendour and judge them! That's what I have always wanted to do. So I hope I can show what I like, and would enjoy having a reason to look through the entire gallery!!

What I would do is write down all the possibilites as Katy has said, then I would go back to them, or shortlist them or something. Joe is a brilliant photographer, as are all the GEA's so far (until it comes to me Wink) and I have met him, and he is able to judge images well on composition and other details. I learnt a bit from that Smile

Thanks and P.S. It's my birthday today Smile!!!!!!

Jonah

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.