Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Guest Editors

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
5 Feb 2010 9:59PM
I'm pleased you guys are taking this role really seriously...it's very much appreciated. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
6 Feb 2010 3:41AM
Well, there's not much point if you don't. The response I've had to my selections show that people are genuinely chuffed to receive one. That surprised me because I did wonder if recipients would take the award seriously. So it's quite a responsibility. Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
6 Feb 2010 12:55PM

Quote:I take it you're not happy with some of my selections?

Good.

Well said Jools....... yes, seriously! Smile
Xiaoli e2
6 661 14 South Africa
6 Feb 2010 4:34PM
Just looking through the selections going back a few days in the GEA gallery and realising not for the first time what an incredibly subjective thing the whole thing is - just like art - it is in the eye of the beholder. You either connect with an image or you don't. If you don't then it just isn't 'good' in your eye's (technical aspects aside that is). There has to be something in the photo that resonates/connects/impacts/moves/emotes with you on some level. And you can't predetermine that. Either it does or it doesn't. Some people will like X photo and some people won't. So from both points of view - photographer and viewer - you just have to accept that some like some things and some don't.
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
6 Feb 2010 5:02PM
Yes, indeed. Got it in one, Lee. And that's exactly how it should be, imo. In fact, I sincerely hope there are people scratching their heads at some of my selections, wondering why I picked X when I could have picked W, Y or Z.

I have tried to put a comment on all my picks explaining what it was that I saw in the photo, however.
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2010 3:04AM
open for bribes /// .. who's first Wink
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
8 Feb 2010 8:26AM
Well, that was fun. Hard work at times, but fun.

The stand-out images of the week for me were (in no particular order):

Do You Know Where Your Going To by digipix76
The Only Option Left by fran_ash
Square Rock Crop by michaelcombe
and
*** by mihaelacojocariu

which all had what I was looking for in spades: fine composition, depth and evocation.

Would I do it again if I could? Youbetcha!!

And now..... will you give a warm EPZ welcome to your new Guest Editor for this week.... all the way from Australia..... It's... Freeeeeeeedddddd!!!!!!
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2010 9:27AM
yeaaaaahhhhhhh ... got my wellies on and ready to to trawl through the ....
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2010 9:27AM
gallery
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2010 9:44AM
do i get a 'guest editor ' label if i comment on a pic instead of 'e2 member' Smile
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
8 Feb 2010 9:48AM
Nope. But maybe if you ask Pete nicely....? Wink
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2010 9:54AM
oh Pete .. you know its a great idea ... just for the week .. i am seeing pics i like but could be improved ... the label would look mega cool and editor like ...just for the week ... ya know it makes sense ,, i will keep my mouth shut about that weekend in blackpool a couple of years back Wink
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
8 Feb 2010 10:01AM

Quote:Do i get a 'guest editor ' label if i comment on a pic instead of 'e2 member'

Sadly not and it would be too complex to build in to record as that for one week. Maybe when you comment you could add that as a signature?
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2010 10:05AM
no worries ....... about that weekend .... Wink
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
8 Feb 2010 10:07AM

Quote:about that weekend ....

You said you'd keep quiet!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.