Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Guest Editors

AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
25 Dec 2012 12:55AM
Too much Christmas nog, evidently.................Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BEVZED e2
8 1.1k United Kingdom
25 Dec 2012 1:00AM

Quote:Too much Christmas nog, evidently.................Tongue

aww, we'll make an exception, it is Christmas and all that Grin
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
25 Dec 2012 6:33PM
...bookmarking 6
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
27 Dec 2012 8:27PM
How about a GE photo of the week award?

Just a thoughtWink

We all vote on between 20/60 imagesSmile

I know mine, at the momentWink

Adrian
Eviscera e2
8 1.1k 149 United Kingdom
27 Dec 2012 10:19PM
Are cats allowed to castrate themselves ?

Just a thought watching all the birds fly by..
AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
28 Dec 2012 5:42PM
I've noticed that there are over 100 pages in this thread. I might read through all of it, but wondered if there is a FAQ on how to be a GE, any guidelines etc?

I'm hoping to do this in the new year and have some ideas on what I want to do. I would like to put the images aside, as I do when I give my UAs, and I guess I can just put them in a folder like that and then award later?

Anyone else have any input here Smile

Anne
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
28 Dec 2012 5:55PM
Anne T. - AFAIK there are no rules as to when and / or how often during your week as GE you have to / should publicise your awards. It is just that so-called "common practise" means that most GEs publicise ('omgående') continuously as the day and week progresses.
How you do it is up to you...

Malc
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
28 Dec 2012 6:40PM
Anne,
Just remember, that if you put them in your UA folder, whenever you give your UA, ALL the images currently in the folder will be deleted
AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
28 Dec 2012 8:41PM

Quote:Anne,
Just remember, that if you put them in your UA folder, whenever you give your UA, ALL the images currently in the folder will be deleted

Ah, thanks for reminding me of me that. I'll just make another folder then, and name it GEA and then delete when I'm done. That should work shouldn't it?

Takk Malc - håper du hadde en god jul!
AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
28 Dec 2012 9:39PM
Alright, I've found all the information I need; it's all on site. It just took a bit of looking around Smile

Anne
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
28 Dec 2012 10:12PM

Quote:Ah, thanks for reminding me of me that. I'll just make another folder then, and name it GEA and then delete when I'm done. That should work shouldn't it?

Not really Anne, as it will not be linked to the siteSad

Why not do, what I do - keep a note of the last image you viewed and when you next go to the main gallery, backtrack until you arrive at your last point
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
28 Dec 2012 10:23PM
I am not up-to-date with the GE process

But can you not add images to a short list ?

" Short List " sort of rings a bell from somewhere on the forums in the past.
AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
28 Dec 2012 10:36PM

Quote:Ah, thanks for reminding me of me that. I'll just make another folder then, and name it GEA and then delete when I'm done. That should work shouldn't it?

Not really Anne, as it will not be linked to the siteSad

Why not do, what I do - keep a note of the last image you viewed and when you next go to the main gallery, backtrack until you arrive at your last point

Could the Guest Editor have a shortlist gallery to use for the week s/he is judging. Just makes it easier to be able to sit down and look at them all in one place. I like to look at images more than once before I award my UAs for instance.
Alan_Baseley e2
13 333 2 England
28 Dec 2012 11:04PM
Anne,
Just use the User Award shortlist but remember to award the GEAs before you award any User Award,

Alan
AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
28 Dec 2012 11:35PM

Quote:Anne,
Just use the User Award shortlist but remember to award the GEAs before you award any User Award,

Alan

Thanks Alan - I like to have all my i's dotted and my t's crossed before I do something Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.