Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guest Editors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 2246 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2013 - 2:49 PM

The dates are OK for me...............25 - 31 March...........look forward to the week........GrinGrinGrinGrin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Mar 2013 - 2:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Shane136
Shane136  1062 forum posts United Kingdom
11 Mar 2013 - 3:41 PM

All sorted.... cheers GrinGrinGrinGrin

Shane

Shane136
11 Mar 2013 - 6:54 PM

Off to a slow start this morning, think that was down to me.... Blush looking forward to this week, I am after something different to get award, I am a massive fan of bribes saving for the canon 1DX (joke) Grin

Thanks Shane

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2013 - 1:40 AM

Thanks Shane - hope you enjoyed

18-24 Mar - lonely_oryx
25-31 Mar - NaturesHaven

Any offers from anyone - ideally who hasn't been guest editor before?

1-7 April volunteer wanted
8-14 April volunteer wanted
15-21 April volunteer wanted

Add your name and week you'd like to claim here.

Shane136
18 Mar 2013 - 6:38 AM

Thanks everyone, my week done and dusted... Enjoyed it....Grin

Shane

PhillipMinnis
24 Mar 2013 - 11:58 AM

I'd be happy to do 15-21 April.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2013 - 12:18 PM

Glad you enjoyed Shane Smile And thanks Phillip now just need to fill the other two slots and we have another few weeks covered Smile

Alan_Baseley
Alan_Baseley e2 Member 13320 forum postsAlan_Baseley vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2013 - 12:24 PM

I know you're wanting GE virgins, but if you're stuck I'll do it again, any week in the next couple of months,
Alan

Last Modified By Alan_Baseley at 24 Mar 2013 - 12:24 PM
Baden
Baden  2156 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 - 12:00 AM

Go on then put my name in the hat, I am always logged on anyway Smile

Pete
25 Mar 2013 - 8:20 AM

Thanks Baden...next week ok?

Baden
Baden  2156 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 - 10:18 AM

Yes Pete that be fine Smile

lonely_oryx
lonely_oryx e2 Member 661 forum postslonely_oryx vcard England54 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2013 - 11:16 AM

Well I have finished my week but not without a few problems. On the Wednesday, my PC packed up and so I had to continue my spell as a Guest Editor with a very old and slow laptop. (It was gas powered Grin). I managed to go through the gallery to view and select the images I felt worthy of an award but I could not download or view my connections. Then on Thursday morning I woke up with great pains in my chest and back and it occurred to me that, if I was taken to hospital, I would not be able to let Pete know that I couldn’t continue my spell. As it happened, the doctor confirmed that it was not my heart and gave me some pain killers. So I was able to continue the task. I got my PC back Friday evening.

I did go though the images that I had to assess with the laptop to see if there were any I had missed through the lack of quality on the laptop.

Apart from that, I had a most enjoyable time selecting those images I felt were worthy of the award. There were some really cracking images too and I hope my selection was varied enough although I do suspect some people might disagree with my choices.

I do get great enjoyment being the GE especially when I get messages of thanks and making people very happy.

Last Modified By lonely_oryx at 25 Mar 2013 - 11:17 AM
Quoise
Quoise e2 Member 1211 forum postsQuoise vcard United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 - 1:59 PM

I could do 8th April for a week if that helps?

Pete
27 Mar 2013 - 8:58 AM

Sound like you had a challenging week to cope with John, so special extra thanks for managing to find time to be GE.
Also thanks to Alan for offering to be GE again. As you rightly say it would be good to get some new names having a go, but if we want to keep it going we have to fall back on those who kindly volunteer again like yourself. So for the moment I'll see if any more join in, but know I can ask you in a few weeks Smile
Thanks Quoise yes the 8th is fine

Any more offers from anyone - ideally who hasn't been guest editor before?

1-7 April - Baden
8-14 April - Quoise
15-21 April - PhillipMinnis
Future weeks open for volunteers

Add your name and week you'd like to claim here.

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6602 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States41 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2013 - 2:03 PM

Does everyone on the site know how the GE system works and that they can volunteer? I admit that personally, I didn't become aware of it for a couple of years after it was initiated Blush

Anyway, instead of only listing this in the forums (which many do not post in or bother to read), could we have one of those annoying Wink yellow banners at the top of the page when one logs in - announcing the GEA and asking for volunteers?

Also, I am available if need be, but I too think it would be good to get some new folks trying their hand at this. It's a rather valuable experience.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.