Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Guest Editors

NaturesHaven e2
3 260 5 England
11 Mar 2013 2:49PM
The dates are OK for me...............25 - 31 March...........look forward to the week........GrinGrinGrinGrin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Shane136 11 63 United Kingdom
11 Mar 2013 3:41PM
All sorted.... cheers GrinGrinGrinGrin

Shane
11 Mar 2013 6:54PM
Off to a slow start this morning, think that was down to me.... Blush looking forward to this week, I am after something different to get award, I am a massive fan of bribes saving for the canon 1DX (joke) Grin

Thanks Shane
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
18 Mar 2013 1:40AM
Thanks Shane - hope you enjoyed

18-24 Mar - lonely_oryx
25-31 Mar - NaturesHaven

Any offers from anyone - ideally who hasn't been guest editor before?

1-7 April volunteer wanted
8-14 April volunteer wanted
15-21 April volunteer wanted

Add your name and week you'd like to claim here.
18 Mar 2013 6:38AM
Thanks everyone, my week done and dusted... Enjoyed it....Grin

Shane
PhillipMinnis 4 94 4 Australia
24 Mar 2013 11:58AM
I'd be happy to do 15-21 April.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
24 Mar 2013 12:18PM
Glad you enjoyed Shane Smile And thanks Phillip now just need to fill the other two slots and we have another few weeks covered Smile
Alan_Baseley e2
13 333 2 England
24 Mar 2013 12:24PM
I know you're wanting GE virgins, but if you're stuck I'll do it again, any week in the next couple of months,
Alan
Baden 3 156 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 12:00AM
Go on then put my name in the hat, I am always logged on anyway Smile
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
25 Mar 2013 8:20AM
Thanks Baden...next week ok?
Baden 3 156 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 10:18AM
Yes Pete that be fine Smile
lonely_oryx e2
7 61 54 England
25 Mar 2013 11:16AM
Well I have finished my week but not without a few problems. On the Wednesday, my PC packed up and so I had to continue my spell as a Guest Editor with a very old and slow laptop. (It was gas powered Grin). I managed to go through the gallery to view and select the images I felt worthy of an award but I could not download or view my connections. Then on Thursday morning I woke up with great pains in my chest and back and it occurred to me that, if I was taken to hospital, I would not be able to let Pete know that I couldn’t continue my spell. As it happened, the doctor confirmed that it was not my heart and gave me some pain killers. So I was able to continue the task. I got my PC back Friday evening.

I did go though the images that I had to assess with the laptop to see if there were any I had missed through the lack of quality on the laptop.

Apart from that, I had a most enjoyable time selecting those images I felt were worthy of the award. There were some really cracking images too and I hope my selection was varied enough although I do suspect some people might disagree with my choices.

I do get great enjoyment being the GE especially when I get messages of thanks and making people very happy.
Quoise e2
1 341 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 1:59PM
I could do 8th April for a week if that helps?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
27 Mar 2013 8:58AM
Sound like you had a challenging week to cope with John, so special extra thanks for managing to find time to be GE.
Also thanks to Alan for offering to be GE again. As you rightly say it would be good to get some new names having a go, but if we want to keep it going we have to fall back on those who kindly volunteer again like yourself. So for the moment I'll see if any more join in, but know I can ask you in a few weeks Smile
Thanks Quoise yes the 8th is fine

Any more offers from anyone - ideally who hasn't been guest editor before?

1-7 April - Baden
8-14 April - Quoise
15-21 April - PhillipMinnis
Future weeks open for volunteers

Add your name and week you'd like to claim here.
AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
27 Mar 2013 2:03PM
Does everyone on the site know how the GE system works and that they can volunteer? I admit that personally, I didn't become aware of it for a couple of years after it was initiated Blush

Anyway, instead of only listing this in the forums (which many do not post in or bother to read), could we have one of those annoying Wink yellow banners at the top of the page when one logs in - announcing the GEA and asking for volunteers?

Also, I am available if need be, but I too think it would be good to get some new folks trying their hand at this. It's a rather valuable experience.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.