Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Guest Editors

Baden e2
3 156 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2013 10:46PM
So my first day is coming to a close for a GE virgin! I have really enjoyed it and hope members think my first choices are satisfactory Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Baden e2
3 156 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2013 8:22AM
That's my week over with, hope I did ok. I really enjoyed the experience and found out that we have some excellent talent here on epz as well as some very good Junior members. The quality of uploads daily are very high and I have a new found admiration for all GE and Pete when it comes to selecting for awards.

So overall I very good experience which I will definitely like to do again, although if I see one more camargue horse I will run to the hills Smile
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
8 Apr 2013 9:14AM
Thanks Baden...glad you enjoyed...this week Quoise and then Phillip and then we need some new volunteers. Add your name's here...
Quoise e2
1 344 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2013 10:42AM

Quote:then we need some new volunteers. Add your name's here...

Pete, I think a new thread may need to be started, so it shows up in the forums headings on the homepage, so people can instantly see it and don't have to search for it. I am sure lots of newbies on here are unaware that they can be a GE, and perhaps think that GEs are selected and not volunteers. I don't think it's something people don't want to do, just something they didn't know they could do Smile Try it, I am sure you will get lots of volunteers Grin
Baden e2
3 156 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2013 6:28PM
Just seen the POTW I am off to the hills lol Grin
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
15 Apr 2013 3:57PM
Thanks for your week Quoise this week it's Philip and then that's it...unless we can get some new blood to have a go.

Quote:Pete, I think a new thread may need to be started, so it shows up in the forums headings on the homepage,

Only thing with that is it won't be a new thread in a few posts so would soon disappear off the home page. At least this thread continues to be bumped up to the top of recent activity.
We tried a newsletter request but we got several people volunteer who just read the newsletter and aren't active on site ...and several let us down. So I'm not keen on promoting by that method either. Many of you are friends with other members, perhaps you could encourage one of your epz mates to have a go? Or invite someone you respect on site and send them a PM? They don't have to be highly active just committed to carry on through the week as judge, look at all the photos and only pick the best.

Quote:Just seen the POTW I am off to the hills lol

Lol sorry about that Wink

Quote:could we have one of those annoying Wink yellow banners at the top of the page when one logs in - announcing the GEA and asking for volunteers?

We don't tend to use them for regular messages, we could do with highlighting many aspects of the site, but as you say they can be annoying so we keep them to a minimum.
KBan e2
9 468 4 England
16 Apr 2013 2:18PM
I'll go again Pete !
NaturesHaven e2
3 261 5 England
16 Apr 2013 3:52PM
I'll do it again..............any time...............we've all just received an EPZ mail about the Big Dog, why not do the same for the Guest editor slot..............I'm sure there are members out there who do not know that they can become a GE for a week..........GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin
PhillipMinnis 4 94 4 Australia
20 Apr 2013 10:30AM
Just wondering...... Is there any reason why the HC's and EC's have all but stopped being awarded since I've been Guest Editor?
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
20 Apr 2013 10:44AM
You're so good at picking photos that need an award that Pete can use his time to do something else? Wink
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
20 Apr 2013 10:50AM

Quote:Just wondering...... Is there any reason why the HC's and EC's have all but stopped being awarded since I've been Guest Editor?

I think The Man has otherwise occupied this past week, but he is back again and will no doubt be very busy playing catch up.

Malc
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
20 Apr 2013 10:52AM
Ok we have several previous volunteers (thank you) but no new names. So I'll let those who've done it before take the hot seat again and then we'll see what to do after that.
Are the following dates ok with everyone?
22 - 28 Apr - AnneWorner
29 Apr - 5 May - KBan
6 - 12 May -NaturesHaven

Quote:Is there any reason why the HC's and EC's have all but stopped being awarded since I've been Guest Editor?

I haven't awarded many over the last few weeks (maybe all my favourites are on holiday*)

*Light sarcasm just for those who think I just give EC's out to certain members Wink
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
20 Apr 2013 11:32AM

Quote:I haven't awarded many over the last few weeks (maybe all my favourites are on holiday*)

Cor blimey, you don't half ask for it Pete Tongue
AnneWorner e2
7 618 43 United States
20 Apr 2013 1:34PM

Quote:Ok we have several previous volunteers (thank you) but no new names. So I'll let those who've done it before take the hot seat again and then we'll see what to do after that.
Are the following dates ok with everyone?
22 - 28 Apr - AnneWorner
29 Apr - 5 May - KBan
6 - 12 May -NaturesHaven

Is there any reason why the HC's and EC's have all but stopped being awarded since I've been Guest Editor?
I haven't awarded many over the last few weeks (maybe all my favourites are on holiday*)

*Light sarcasm just for those who think I just give EC's out to certain members Wink

Pete would you mind juggling the above list so I can have 29 Apr - 5 May. I'm having some outpatient stuff this coming week. thanks.
NaturesHaven e2
3 261 5 England
20 Apr 2013 2:08PM
6th - 12th May OK with me.................GrinGrinGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.