Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guest Editors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43611 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 7:28 AM

Quote: What is going on on this site? There have been hardly any awards being given out since I carried out the duty of Guest Editor. There used to be quite a few HCs and a couple of EC's given out each day. In the last few weeks, the awarding process appears to have become quite spasmodic and less are being handed out. Does this mean that the standard of images being uploaded has significantly dropped, or is the concept of having awards on the site being weaned out? Just wondering....

Pete has recently been on his hols, which would account for some of the lack of award activity.

Malc

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Apr 2013 - 7:28 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54209 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 7:55 AM

Quote: There used to be quite a few HCs and a couple of EC's given out each day. In the last few weeks, the awarding process appears to have become quite spasmodic and less are being handed out.

Yes, I noticed that. Pete's missed so many of my masterworks it's going to take him an age to catch up. SadWink

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 8:36 AM

I shall now feel duty-bound to give you an award SlowSong should i be GE ! only joking - if i do you know it will be an honest one Smile

I have to say I cannot imagine the amount of logistics that goes into this site and the galleries awards competitions prizes advertising training courses etc etc and I guess there are going to be times when people are on breaks and there are just too many things to do there would have to be priorities. If people think it is unfair that the awards are becoming less it is simply a case of more people are needed to help out, I know i for one have been guilty of neglecting to look at galleries as often as i could have so maybe we all need to stop complaining about things and just put more back in ?

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54209 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 8:46 AM

Quote: I shall now feel duty-bound to give you an award SlowSong should i be GE ! only joking - if i do you know it will be an honest one Smile

Oh golly. Now I'm doomed to being permanently bitterly disappointed. Sad

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 9:22 AM

Sorry Andrew I've always tended to dip into this thread and handle chunks of responses
Missing the weekend uploads isn't an option. You'd need to catch up on Monday so all photos for the week have been seen. If that's a possibility then yes we'd love you to have a go.
Dave do you want adding in for a slot. We do need a replacement for Anne which is next week's 29 Apr - 5 May

WhiteRose1
WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41028 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England133 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 9:59 AM

Yep, I was putting my name on the list. But can do next week no probs.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 10:21 AM

ok thanks
22 - 28 Apr - KBan
29 Apr - 5 May - WhiteRose1
6 - 12 May -NaturesHaven

Any more new names to have a go at being Guest Editor? All you have to do is look through the photos in the gallery for a week and pick the very best to receive your Guest Editor Award.

Last Modified By Pete at 26 Apr 2013 - 10:21 AM
NexusImages
NexusImages e2 Member 71844 forum postsNexusImages vcard United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2013 - 10:51 AM

Add me to the list please. Many thanks .

pulsar69
26 Apr 2013 - 1:58 PM

No problem Pete i work weekends mainly ( being a dreaded wedding tog ) but happy to catch up on a monday so if your ever stuck again just let me know.

KBan
KBan  9456 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Apr 2013 - 8:02 AM

My third stint as Guest Editor over so quick, really enjoyed again, looking and awarding what I thought worthy of the accolade.

Thank you Pete for giving me the opportunity.

Regards

Keith

Pete
29 Apr 2013 - 9:22 AM

Thanks Keith Smile
Also thank Amanada I've added you to the list...dates ok?
Andrew we're always in need of volunteers so do you want to add your name.

This week 29 Apr-5 May - WhiteRose1
6-12 May - NaturesHaven
13-19 May - NexusImages

pulsar69
29 Apr 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hi Pete , yes no problem just let me know what weeks are free and will be happy to get involved.

lonely_oryx
lonely_oryx e2 Member 661 forum postslonely_oryx vcard England54 Constructive Critique Points
29 Apr 2013 - 4:12 PM

I am always willing

marktc
marktc e2 Member 346 forum postsmarktc vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
29 Apr 2013 - 8:16 PM

Hi Pete, more than willing to help out too.

Mark

Last Modified By marktc at 29 Apr 2013 - 8:17 PM
NexusImages
NexusImages e2 Member 71844 forum postsNexusImages vcard United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Apr 2013 - 8:25 PM

dates look good to me. GE on my birthday! Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.