Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Guest Editors

lonely_oryx e2
7 61 54 England
11 Jun 2013 9:50PM
It would appear, from the comments on my ad, that many members thought you had to be invited to be GEs.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Alda 2 46 27 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2013 11:49PM
I'm also happy to do a stint if you think my opinion is worth it TongueWinkGrin
Bzox e2
2 2 Bosnia And Herzegovina
13 Jun 2013 8:04PM
Yes, I would like to be GEs. Period, when you need. SmileSmileSmile
crabby39 2 7 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2013 8:56PM
Hello,
I would be love to be a guest editor. I tend to look through every photo every couple of days anyway so would be fun to put that to some use.
Anytime is good or me if I can be of help,
Phil
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
14 Jun 2013 9:18AM
Thanks for the Ad John
Weeks currently taken
pulsar69 10 - 16 June
lonely_oryx 17 - 23 June
zapar40 24 - 30 Jun

All those new member who've volunteered please pick your week from below. John can you ask Ron to add his name here if he wants to take a week. Thanks
1-7 July
8 -14 July
15 -21 July
22 -28 July
29 Jul - 4 Aug
5 - 11 Aug
12 - 18 Aug - rontear

Please follow these rules
Look through all the photos uploaded to the gallery in your week of appointment. With your special button click ones you think deserve an award - be selective only choose the very best and do not award friends / favourite genres unless they also genuinely deserve an award. The idea is your Awarded photos should be the very best pictures uploaded to ePHOTOzine - no bias please.
rontear e2
11 7 6 England
14 Jun 2013 12:03PM
Hi Pete,
Would regard this as very special, awaiting an appointment. Available on 12-18 August at the moment.
Ron.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
14 Jun 2013 12:13PM
consider yourself appointed Ron Smile
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
14 Jun 2013 2:02PM
Pete, if no-one claims the week starting 29 July, then I bags that one.

Malc
Daisymaye e2
6 20 9 Canada
16 Jun 2013 1:57PM
Could I choose July 8 - 14?
Sandy
Alda 2 46 27 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2013 2:09PM
I can take 1-7 July, or 15-21 July, whatever's best for whoever wants the other one GrinGrin
ValSaxby e2
9 140 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2013 3:49PM
5th August is fine for me but hapy with any of the above.

Val
Quoise e2
1 337 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2013 4:35PM

Quote:It would appear, from the comments on my ad, that many members thought you had to be invited to be GEs.

That's exactly the point I had previously made!
lonely_oryx e2
7 61 54 England
16 Jun 2013 4:48PM
In addition, several people did not realised that they had to come on to this forum and select a date. Many thought that, by leaving a message saying that they were interested, that someone would contact them. In that respect I did and told them to come back and select a date, which some now have.
22nd-28th July?? Is that week still open? Happy to do that week - or will choose another later if you prefer.

I too thought you had to be 'invited' to be GE!

Many thanks. Smile
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
16 Jun 2013 5:23PM
Well into the last few hours of my stint now and a very enjoyable week it has been, I have given out many GEAs on photos I have felt worthy and many votes on those I felt were very good. I have learnt a great deal too from this experience:

It takes more than a long lens to take a good wildlife photo.
It takes more than a good macro lens to take a good macro.
It takes more than a naked female to take a good nude/glamour shot.
It takes more than a 17-40 to take a good landscape

and so on ... !!

And there are a huge amount of talented photographers on this site, much more so than you realise till you do this ! I would suggest anyone to give it a go ...

I have been very unselfish and unbiased in my voting and voted purely on the artistic, perceptual and technical merits of the images combined as well as those shots i thought were unusual and unique and deserved recognition.

Now i need to go off and be inspired by this week to move my personal photography into new realms too Smile

Many thanks for the opportunity
Andrew

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.