Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Guest Editors

Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
12 Jul 2013 10:16AM
Thanks Alda...and the Poppies are still coming Wink

Hope everyone is still up for their dates. Just a quick reminder to who's volunteered for the weeks ahead

8 -14 July Daisymaye
15 -21 July - crabby39
22 -28 July -Caziwinkles
29 Jul - 4 Aug - saltireblue
5 - 11 Aug - ValSaxby
12 - 18 Aug - rontear

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Daisymaye e2
6 20 9 Canada
15 Jul 2013 4:57AM
Just finished my week. It was a lot of fun but it did take a lot of time. I felt guilty if I didn't open each picture and there was lots. But, I sure seen some beautiful images that I wouldn't have if I hadn't done my week. Yes, there was lots of poppies, butterflies, and birds. But I enjoyed seeing them all. It's hard not to pick hundreds of the images. I found the best way for me was to shortlist many of them and decide at the end of each day. Of course there were those that just blew me away and I chose them immediately.
So I hope the next person has as much fun as I did......
Sandy
crabby39 2 7 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2013 11:03AM
Hello.
I'm guest editor this week.
I was expecting a special button in the gallery to push. Am I missing something, please help.
Phil x
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
15 Jul 2013 11:33AM
I've just checked and everything is set up correctly Phil. Try logging out of ePHOTOzine and log back in - perhaps you've not reset. Also try control +f5 keys. You should see the button.
15 Jul 2013 12:45PM
Hi
found it under options.
Thanks
15 Jul 2013 10:58PM
Well, just finished my first day as GE.
I always look through the gallery strip at every photo but rarely every single photo. Found it much more difficult not to give awards than I thought it would be as there are just so many good images on the site. Gave quite a few away still though.
Saw loads of bees and poppies Alda (your favourite) and lots of butterflies too, must be the heat.
Look forward to tmrws pics.
Phil x
22 Jul 2013 12:11AM
That's it, my time is up. Handing over to Caziwinkles.
It was harder and more time consuming than I thought it would be and I too found that I'd given some uploaders two GE awards!
I made a deliberate choice not to look at who had taken photos as I was going through them until the end of the day and I also became aware for the first time how many very similar images are uploaded.
But I thoroughly enjoyed this time and thanks to Pete for giving me this opportunity, I will now be on a mission to produce something as incredible as the pictures I have seen over this week ( I may be a few years away yet though!)
Happy to take part again if ever you are stuck for people,

Phil x
Phew! Wink What a week that was! Thoroughly enjoyed being Guest Editor for a week. There is just so much talent out here on EPZ - it totally blew me away. I tried so very hard to give awards based on photographic talent and skills throughout all genres. It was very difficult not to give away LOADS of awards so I tended to wait until late evening before going through the day's uploads and making my decisions then. Was quite disappointed when my 'special button' was removed - but if you need a Guest Editor again please just ask.

Many thanks,

Carol Smile
saltireblue e2
4 4.1k 26 Norway
5 Aug 2013 7:54AM
Another extremely enjoyable week as GE comes to an end, The quality of the images is as high as ever, however, the diversity of subjects seemed to be more limited this time - butterflies, birds, planes and motorbikes seeming to dominate.

Well done to all who upload their images, it is always inspiring to see them and glean new ideas for myself.

Over to Val for the next week.

Malc
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
12 Aug 2013 11:55AM
Thanks Sandy, Carol, Phil, Malc and Val for your weeks as Guest Editors. This week it's Ron and then we need some new volunteers for next week onwards.

Anyone fancy a go at being Guest Editor for the week?
ValSaxby e2
9 140 United Kingdom
12 Aug 2013 12:14PM
As always really enjoyed my week as Guest editor.

Going through the whole gallery for a week really gives inspiration well worth the effort.

Val
lonely_oryx e2
7 61 54 England
13 Aug 2013 1:47PM
Me again if you want
Alda 2 46 27 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2013 2:42PM
I'll have another go as well, but I'll have to wait 'till after the school holidays are over TongueGrin
13 Aug 2013 4:33PM
I could do the beginning of September.
15 Aug 2013 9:12AM
I'm available if required Pete,
Fred.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.