Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guest Editors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

marktc
marktc e2 Member 342 forum postsmarktc vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2013 - 11:45 AM

Just a quick note... I gave an award to an image which was version 9 of this set http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/an-inula-morning-36658596

Is there a way that you can select a specific image in a set for an award, V1 is shown in the list and doesn't do justice to the reason it was given.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Oct 2013 - 11:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91885 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2013 - 11:53 AM

Should you be looking through versions ???? - surely the No 1 image on screen is the one that should be judged.!!!!

Last Modified By bricurtis at 28 Oct 2013 - 11:58 AM
saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43557 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2013 - 1:04 PM

I have done GE 3 times now and have only ever looked at the first image.

If you give a GE for a version, it is still the first image that is recorded in the awarded images gallery, thus giving the impression that it is that image which won the award.

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 28 Oct 2013 - 3:03 PM
bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91885 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2013 - 2:37 PM

Quote: I have done GE 3 times now and have only ever looked at the first image.
If you give an GE for a version, it is still the first image that is recorded in the awarded images gallery, thus giving the impression that it is that image which won the award.

Malc

Exactly, it is very deceiving especially as not all members look through versions but just comment on the 1st image.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43557 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
30 Oct 2013 - 6:48 AM

Has VanillaPenguin forgotten that they are GE this week? No awards so far.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman  114484 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
30 Oct 2013 - 9:09 AM

Quote: Has VanillaPenguin forgotten that they are GE this week? No awards so far.

Just had a quick shufty at his P/F pages and it shows he logged in yesterday (29/10/13) at 09:45, so I'm assuming everything is ok in his world. Perhaps he just hasn't seen anything that floats his boat and/or he's saving his opinions till the end of the week?........

Or and this is just a wild and hopeful theory, he might be trying to bring a little more kudos to the GA's and is being much more selective than GE's of late, no disrespect to anyone intended, but I'm sure the opinionated members of EPZ know what I'm getting at Wink

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 30 Oct 2013 - 9:14 AM
bricurtis
30 Oct 2013 - 4:19 PM

I noticed he commented today on HERE an image from last week.! !

UrbaneMagick
2 Nov 2013 - 7:41 PM

Hi Bricurtis & Ade Osman.

I have to admit, I didn't realise I'd been accepted to do the G.E.A. until I had a nudge.

From that moment on, I have tried to be very selective in those given awards....... to me the ones I have awarded have been the most outstanding images thus far.

Hope this doesn't offend anyone.... obviously a lot of personal taste is involved, but I have tried to pick the very best, or none at all......

I've thoroughly enjoyed sifting through though, immensely in fact!

I find you have to be pretty damned thorough, as there are a lot of good images out there..it is finding the great ones that makes the G.E.A.'s more challenging Smile

Gareth

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54169 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2013 - 7:52 PM

You've chosen some brilliant images this week Vanilla. I just hope I get such a fantastic selection to choose from as you have.
x

UrbaneMagick
2 Nov 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thankyou Slowsong.

Took a methodical search through.
Was quite surprised to find mainly portraits, so I guess I may lean that way.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54169 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2013 - 11:32 PM

Yes, I find it surprising how the dice falls. Surprisingly often outside one's genre or comfort zone.

Ade_Osman
3 Nov 2013 - 9:44 AM

Quote: Hope this doesn't offend anyone.... obviously a lot of personal taste is involved, but I have tried to pick the very best, or none at all......

I think so far you've done a first class job this week Gareth with the images you've selected being very worthy. Your choices or anyone elses for that matter will always be subjective and lean towards an individuals personal tastes exactly the same as some of Pete's choices this week, sorry Pete just thought I have a little dig there Tongue Seriously though, the choices made this week by both Gareth and Pete have been of a high quality even if I don't agree entirely with them and with the choices made, but I for one am glad that some kudos to the GEA's has at least in the interim been restored over the last few weeks. Hopefully and this isn't a poke at Chris or any other potential future Guest Editors I hope the quality of choices continues and that the exclusivity and kudos remains high as I believe it should be.

This post will probably open up a can of worms and my criticisms are not aimed at only one particular individual or meant to cause offence to any past or future GE's. I just want along with others who are of the same mind I might add to see the standard of images chosen kept high regardless of what the subjects are or whether I personally like them or not Smile

SlowSong
3 Nov 2013 - 10:24 AM

Rest assured, I am not swayed by anyone else's opinion, Ade. Smile

Ade_Osman
3 Nov 2013 - 10:40 AM

Quote: Rest assured, I am not swayed by anyone else's opinion, Ade

Glad to hear it Chris Smile So long as the quality is of the highest standard I don't have a problem with any GE's choices or at their quantity of awards.......Lets all keep the standard high and when someone is lucky enough to be given an award, then like Pete's EC/HC's hopefully it should put a big smile on the recipients mush! Tongue

SlowSong
3 Nov 2013 - 10:43 AM

Quote: So long as the quality is of the highest standard I don't have a problem with any GE's choices

That's very gracious of you, Ade.
Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.