Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guest Editors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 44037 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2014 - 8:36 PM

Quote: I suspect EPZ will become a review and advertising only site in due course.........then all arguments about awards etc will no longer be relevant.......SadSadSad

Sorry, but that is rubbish.

That would drive away the entire membership, and there's no way a review and advertising site can exist without an interested, participating audience. Sponsors are only interested in supporting a site with a large membership which sees and reads about their products.
Take away the galleries and the other interactive points of ePz and it would disappear.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 26 Jan 2014 - 8:38 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Jan 2014 - 8:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

derekhansen
derekhansen e2 Member 6185 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom24 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2014 - 9:43 PM

I think that Pete was popular because as well as being a respected photographic Editor he had a strong visible presence on the site. At the moment that 'presence' seems to be lacking but to be fair its very early days.

Last Modified By derekhansen at 26 Jan 2014 - 9:43 PM
Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73906 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2014 - 8:19 AM

I'm sure there a lot going on behind the scenes. I would rather decisions are made carefully, than be reactionary. Better to get it right first time.

One thing that may help is a monthly newsletter with basic details of what the outline of what the visions are.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72397 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
27 Jan 2014 - 9:21 AM

Quote: I'm sure there a lot going on behind the scenes. I would rather decisions are made carefully, than be reactionary. Better to get it right first time.

Oh, there is plenty going on guys. While we may not be the most vocal at times, we are always watching, reading and listening. I personally have been following this thread on a daily basis.

The community is the heart of the site and we have no intentions of ever becoming a editorial/advertising site. If anything, we have plans to increase the presence of the community and provide further interaction. But as many have voiced over the years, the site is so large with so many features, areas, options, settings that it can be quite hard to understand. So every opportunity we have, we look for ways to improve the site.

As my previous comment stated:

Quote: The feature is currently discontinued while we consider the possibilities of providing this feature or a similar feature in the future.

We all have the opportunity to be GEs of sorts with the User Award feature at the moment. I'm not saying that this is the final replacement, but it can be an alternative in the meantime.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 27 Jan 2014 - 12:58 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
tj
tj ePHOTOzine Staff 111945 forum poststj vcard England
27 Jan 2014 - 12:58 PM

Quote: Oh, there is plenty going on guys. While we may not be the most vocal at times, we are always watching, reading and listening. I personally have been following this thread on a daily basis.

The community is the heart of the site and we have no intentions of ever becoming a editorial/advertising site. If anything, we have plans to increase the presence of the community and provide further interaction. But as many have voiced over the years, the site is so large with so many features, areas, options, settings that it can be quite hard to understand. So every opportunity we have, we look for ways to improve the site.

I echo David's comment.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 3253 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2014 - 1:15 PM

Quote: I suspect EPZ will become a review and advertising only site in due course.........then all arguments about awards etc will no longer be relevant.......SadSadSad
Sorry, but that is rubbish.

That would drive away the entire membership, and there's no way a review and advertising site can exist without an interested, participating audience. Sponsors are only interested in supporting a site with a large membership which sees and reads about their products.
Take away the galleries and the other interactive points of ePz and it would disappear.

I'm entitled to my opinion like everyone else, just because you don't like what I have written does not make my comment Rubbish....................I think some of your comments to other members are often aggressive and bordering on rude.........but I don't put on the forum that your opinions are rubbish............so please don't call mine RUBBISH..............SadSadSadSadSadSad

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 27 Jan 2014 - 1:38 PM
keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023196 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2014 - 1:18 PM

If anyone knows that your views are rubbish then it's the people who run the website.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95936 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2014 - 9:04 PM

Any odds at Sky Bet for the next editor?

KeithH @ 1-2

4-1 the fieldWink

annettep38
annettep38 e2 Member 3188 forum postsannettep38 vcard France32 Constructive Critique Points
13 Feb 2014 - 12:38 AM

Maybe one should have say 10 awards a month that you can give when you feel like it. Sometimes it is really annoying if you got only the weekends to catch up on a slow connection, you come across 2 or 3 excellent pics but you can only give one award. But on a busy weekday if you only get time to visit the site close to midnight for half an hour well you can view maybe 20 pictures at best and if you don't find anything stunning the award is lost.
Julia is actually right about the advertising, whilst I can block most of them on the Mac on my ipad it is impossible so half of the page loading time and screen real estate gets lost on ads. Which, IMHO, you should not be pestered with as a paying member.
Just a thought.
I actually liked the GEAs. After all, one stands at least one chance in a million to get one, as they were given by all sorts of different people.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.