Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guest Editors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

nishad1994
16 Mar 2010 - 4:37 AM

Thanks Jonah, Then its great !!!! Smile

Nishad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Mar 2010 - 4:37 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DaveMead
DaveMead  5 United Kingdom14 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2010 - 3:11 PM

I'm sorry everybody, our community broadband network broke down on Thursday evening and is not yet working again (Friday afternoon). I have been told it will be working again sometime later today and I promise I will catch up with everybody's images. I've enjoyed it no end so far. Smile
Dave

DaveMead
22 Mar 2010 - 12:10 AM

That's me done, thank you so much Pete for the opportunity, I'll give a full report on the experience tomorrow
Dave
P.S. Good luck for the coming week Sam Smile

fraser
fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2010 - 5:59 PM

I'd like to do this during w/b 12th April when I'm on holiday and will have the time - I'm just not sure I'll get the connection where I'm going. Would it be too much to ask to pencil me in for that week and I will let you know on Saturday 10th whether it will be possible or not, or is that too short notice to arrange an alternative GE?

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2010 - 6:35 PM

Sam has disappeared.... Smile

samfurlong
23 Mar 2010 - 8:30 PM

No it's okay I am here.
Going to catch up on yesterdays uploads tonight.....
Looking forward to this very much actually , it's not often I get the time to sit and make myself have a good old look through the work on the site..

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2010 - 8:31 PM

See, I smoked you out.... SmileGrinTongueWink

samfurlong
23 Mar 2010 - 9:47 PM

Hahaha... buried with work at the moment, can't complain though at a time when many togs are struggling.
Really enjoyed looking through the uploads have given 2 awards out (trying to be ruthless). I could have given a handful more, there are some very nice landscapes being uploaded at the moment.. must be the nice light we've been getting in the mornings..

DaveMead
25 Mar 2010 - 10:55 PM

I promised a full report on my week as GE so here it is, a few days late. I really enjoyed the experience, I had previously used the filters on the Photo Gallery and had not looked much beyond Landscape/Travel. Having removed the filters, my eyes were opened to the wide range of images uploaded to ePz, some of which - even though I have no interest in taking pictures like them - are incredible and of a very high standard. Having watched the GEA Gallery for awhile, I felt that landscapes were under represented and was determined to correct this imagined imbalance. However, certainly in the first half of the week, I was drawn to other subjects and, to be honest, the landscapes were a little disappointing. I was pleased to able to make an award to a panorama as they seem to consistently underperform on this site as, I guess, most people skip through the gallery thumbnails where panos are at a size disadvantage. Towards the end of the week our local broadband network (I live in a rural area) crashed for nearly 24 hours and it took two marathon 6 hour sessions to catch up but, happily, the standard of the landscapes improved drastically during this time and I was able to hand out several awards to some real quality work. I gave out 20 awards in total over the 7 days and saw literally hundreds of first class images. I would certainly do it again but at a different time of year as you can become somewhat tired of blue tits, nuthatches, snowdrops, crocuses and, of course, Buchaille Etive......Grin
Dave

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91892 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2010 - 10:26 AM

Quote: I had previously used the filters on the Photo Gallery and had not looked much beyond Landscape/Travel.

It must have been a wonderful experience for you to find out that other genres of photography existed.
Unfortunately that kind of blinkered approach is the one that keeps people out of the main Photo Gallery and like you they miss so many great images.
I realize time can be an issue but if people stay in their own little corner as you have they are missing so much as you have found out.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2010 - 10:38 AM

Well I've always looked at all kinds of images on the site, but I'm looking forward to next week anyway.

Good news (for me) is that I am working at home, so I don't have to worry about slow internet connections which caused me to postpone this earlier in the year. So barring accidents tomorrow (fingers crossed that does not happen) it's all systems go!

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91892 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2010 - 12:56 PM

Quote: Well I've always looked at all kinds of images on the site,

Carrying on as normal for you next week then Cheryl. Smile

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2010 - 6:40 PM

I know I'm being a bit slow, but I am using my shorlisting facility to put images to one side for another look later.

I was hoping I would only be working a couple of days this week, but now have to work all week, so going through the full gallery is proving a little more difficult than I had hoped. I have to catch up in batches in the morning, at lunch and in the evening.

I am currently up to date and there are about 6 images pending a second look, so if you've had a click today from me you never know Wink

JJGEE
JJGEE  96223 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2010 - 8:25 PM

Apparently it is snowing in Scotland, so a quick trip tomorrow to catch some red squirrels and I may be in luck for an award Wink

Or, if it snowed down my way, the BWC would save on petrol !

jonah794
jonah794  41723 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2010 - 8:55 PM

Quote: so if you've had a click today from me you never know Wink

Oooohhhh yippeeee Smile My goldie got a click from you Smile Wink Tongue

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.