Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guest Editors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

jonah794
jonah794  51723 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
26 Dec 2009 - 5:04 PM

OK that's fine.

Can they not have something like a red border around them like ECs have a blue one around them? At least that would make them stand out a little from the rest?

Jonah

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Dec 2009 - 5:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
27 Dec 2009 - 12:53 AM

I took the selection of images very seriously, at the same time thoroughly enjoyed the experience. But I stand by my point .. if anyone gets serious about the selected images of a guest editor they need to lighten up.
Pete's selections are done with a wealth of experience and at a different level entirely.

Pete allthough the award button for Guest editor is way down maybe a safety is included. on final award or not.

64 days to go. Wink

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2010 - 11:04 AM

Just a quick reminder to ask that if anyone wants to be guest editor in the gallery here's your chance to put your name down.
We currently have these slots taken

Cheryl 4th-10th Jan
Richard 11th - 17th Jan
Angela 18th to 24th Jan

Place your request here Smile

irishman
irishman  101118 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2010 - 11:37 AM

I will take the next available date please Pete Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2010 - 12:46 PM

Thanks Martin
Your week is 25 to 30th Jan

Pete
3 Jan 2010 - 8:33 PM

Cheryl can't do next week dues to work commitments so Angie's moved forward. We now have a gap for 18 to 24th Jan if anyone would like to take that spot.

irishman
irishman  101118 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2010 - 9:07 PM

Pete, fill me in that week instead, so you will have no gaps then.

Pete
3 Jan 2010 - 9:44 PM

Okay Martin thanks

New details:
Angie 4th-10th Jan
Richard 11th - 17th Jan
Martin 18th to 24th Jan

Please add your name her if you want a week after these.

Last Modified By Pete at 4 Jan 2010 - 12:20 AM
KBan
KBan  9457 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2010 - 11:25 PM

Pete i would love to do it

Keith

Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81105 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2010 - 11:39 PM

25 to 31 ?

NickParry
NickParry  91016 forum posts Wales79 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2010 - 11:40 PM

Well my time as GE has nearly finished (just a few minutes to go).

I have really enjoyed the experience and no picture has been unseen. EPZ has such a good variety of genres and styles and its been a pleasure to see them all.

I would do it again if the opportunity arose.

Nick Smile

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2010 - 7:56 AM

Sorry everyone, but i'd only have a GPRS connection for a lot of this week due to poor reception in the hotel. Was hoping to be working more at home this week, but it did not happen.

Will try to schedule for when I know I will have a decent internet connection.

AngieLatham
4 Jan 2010 - 10:57 AM

I'm happy to step in for you Cheryl Smile

Looking forward to giving this a go . I must say that looking through the GE award gallery there is not much there that I woulden't have picked myself , which I find quite interesting. Last weeks offerings were awsome, just hope I get the same quality of work to look through this week Grin

While I am GE I am not going to look at any other galleries except the main one...no peeping at the RC's/UA's/EC's etc.

jonah794
jonah794  51723 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2010 - 11:27 AM

I would like to take the time to say that I too thoroughly enjoyed my experience as GE. I loved looking at ALL the work EPZers had to offer, and was amazed at the quality of some shots. Some may say I was biased towards wildlife... Wink But I did try and choose a few landscapes and portraits also...

Good luck to Angie for this week, what a task you have!! Try not to look at the RCs until you have finished looking through the gallery... I went straight to the gallery first, looked at EVERYTHING, and then way after peeked at the RCs, just to give me an idea of what other people liked Smile

Jonah

AngieLatham
10 Jan 2010 - 7:59 PM

well this my last day as GE Smile

I have really really enjoyed the experience....but must admit I am glad it is my last day! I did not realise how time consuming and how much of a daily commitment Pete has doing the HC's and EC's. I would invite and recommend anyone who has issues and critisisms about awards to give being GE a go.
Luckily (so far anyway) the GE's have not had to endure the kind of relentless critisism that Pete has to deal with in the forums , but it has been on my mind throughout the week. I have thought hard about how I would feel and how I would defend my choices, should they be questioned and critisised. Being a GE has shown me above all else that it really is a personal choice and has a lot to do with how your feeling at the time and how a certain image may effect or appeal to you. Ofcourse quality is a vital ingrediant, but this alone is not enough to get an award from me. I have awarded something one day that a few days later I may not have done....simply because I was in a different frame of mind. How images appeal really is so subjective, and I now see how consistancy could be a real problem if I was doing this all the time.

What has suprised me the most is how little I have seen landscapes that I have wanted to give an award to....and it is landscapes I am passionate about. When I began being GE , I was worried that I was going to be biased towards landscapes, but the opposite has been the reality....I have been extra picky over landscapes and drawn more to the awsome portraiture that I have seen on the site.

Thankyou Pete for giving me this oppotunity, it has been very enlightening and very enjoyable....but I am well and truely photographed out now! You can keep the EC/HC job Wink

Good luck Richard for your turn next week Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.