Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guest Editors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2010 - 8:04 PM

Quote: but I am well and truely photographed out now! You can keep the EC/HC job

Damn I thought I was going to give it to someone else Wink

Quote: What has suprised me the most is how little I have seen landscapes that I have wanted to give an award to

That's an interesting comment because I recall you saying when we had the PA team that not enough landscapes were getting awards and it stuck in my mind...so I'm pleased that you came to this conclusion.

Thanks Angela you've done a grand job.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Jan 2010 - 8:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jonah794
jonah794  41723 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2010 - 8:11 PM

I must say I also found that there were not enough landscapes to give awards to Sad

So I gave awards to pretty much all the good landscape photographs on there. Most of them are smashing, but they are significantly less frequent appearers than the wildlife and macro trend...

AngieLatham
10 Jan 2010 - 8:14 PM

well, maybe it just isen't the time of year for landscapes Tongue
I did find a lot of fab landscapes, but guess when your awarding you are really looking for that 'x' factor that sets somthing apart from the norm, so yes, I understand a lot better now about the whole award process Smile

Last Modified By AngieLatham at 10 Jan 2010 - 8:17 PM
jonah794
jonah794  41723 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2010 - 8:16 PM

So did I. From my experience I learnt a lot about how to look for awards and to properly survey images. I was looking for those that just made me go wow... ones I might show the family.

I found some. I awarded some. Some of them were jaw-droppingly brilliant - yet in their PFs, they have outstanding images and no HCs and ECs. I can name about 3-4 people who jolly well deserve some of Pete's awards. But then again, that is what GE is there for Smile

joolsb
joolsb e2 Member 927107 forum postsjoolsb vcard Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2010 - 9:15 PM

Since I have a bit more time on my hands at the moment, and assuming my situation doesn't change, I'd be interested in taking the next available week.

Eviscera
Eviscera  71093 forum posts United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2010 - 9:19 PM

Good choices Angela , you spotted some great art and light in the galleries as well.

Its not all about family snaps !

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2010 - 9:09 AM

Whoops I've let this slip...
We now need the next few week's guest editors.
I've currently got interest from kban and joolsb. As it's ultra short notice I've pmd kban about this week (25-31 Jan). Then Jools would you like next week - 1-7 Feb?
Any more volunteers? Claim your week now.

Thanks to irishman for his efforts last week. Hope you enjoyed.

irishman
irishman  101118 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2010 - 10:30 AM

Quote: Thanks to irishman for his efforts last week. Hope you enjoyed

Was dreading it at the start of the week but by the end I loved every minute of it, some amazing photos in there that are sometimes missed.

joolsb
joolsb e2 Member 927107 forum postsjoolsb vcard Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2010 - 11:19 AM

1-7 Feb is fine by me, Pete.

funkeldink
funkeldink e2 Member 101592 forum postsfunkeldink vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2010 - 1:30 PM

i have heaps of time at the moment ... would love a go

Pete
25 Jan 2010 - 2:41 PM

Okay thanks

I'm waiting for answer to PM from kban
Jools
1 - 7 Feb is yours
Fred consider a slot yours
8-14 Feb or if kban doesn't get back to me this week if you want?

KBan
KBan  9456 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jan 2010 - 7:35 PM

i'm Ok for this week Pete

Keith

Pete
25 Jan 2010 - 8:28 PM

Thanks Keith, you are this weeks Guest Editor
Next week it's Jools 1-7 Feb
And Fred can have following week. 8-14 Feb

funkeldink
funkeldink e2 Member 101592 forum postsfunkeldink vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2010 - 1:36 AM

perfect //.. count me in ...

funkeldink
26 Jan 2010 - 6:42 AM

how many awards can be given out in one week pete?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.