Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guest Editors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 7:26 PM

Quote: If the GE had looked at the exif and my explanation of the pics as advertised on the upload page then maybe that was taken into consideration, I would like to think so and I thank the GE very much for the awards.
Thats a cracker- Naivety with a capital N - he barely looked at the images.GrinGrinGrin

I think your profile pic sums a perfect definition of NaievityWinkTongue
He had his own mindWink

Last Modified By lawbert at 11 Jun 2012 - 7:27 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Jun 2012 - 7:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43927 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 7:44 PM

Quote:

Your words, not mine, get over it and move on Smile Smile

Wrong Paul, Paul...not you Paul, but Paul as in lawbertSmileSmile
(And I know you will reply that it still applies, so no need to)Grin

Quote:

Ahem, no disrespect Malc but only you can be the judge of thatTongue

LOL...you should do my job for a week and compare it to spending time getting that stat togetherGrin You'll soon see that it wasn't at all analWink

Last Modified By saltireblue at 11 Jun 2012 - 7:45 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139461 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 7:51 PM

Oh dear this is spiralling into confusion! Grin

(Situation normal, then! Wink)

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 7:52 PM

LOl yep Smile

lawbert
11 Jun 2012 - 8:01 PM

Quote:
Ahem, no disrespect Malc but only you can be the judge of thatTongue
LOL...you should do my job for a week and compare it to spending time getting that stat togetherGrin You'll soon see that it wasn't at all analWink

Ahem....I have no idea what your job is Malc and you may be a carer or a high end wage earner....Thats not in question.
Enjoy your week and Interprate the GE your own way and award what looks good to you, if you go over a couple a day then dont sweat at night, just enjoy the gallery and employ your own mind into what is a great photo and sometimes do the look at the exif info and equipment used (pete hates equipment used references) and enjoy your weekSmile

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 8:01 PM

Name three fish, beginning and ending with the letter "K"

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91904 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 8:09 PM

King Sized Haddock
Killer Shark
Kilmarnock (Plaice in Scotland)Grin

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43927 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 8:58 PM

Quote:
Ahem....I have no idea what your job is Malc and you may be a carer or a high end wage earner....Thats not in question.
Enjoy your week and Interprate the GE your own way and award what looks good to you, if you go over a couple a day then dont sweat at night, just enjoy the gallery and employ your own mind into what is a great photo and sometimes do the look at the exif info and equipment used (pete hates equipment used references) and enjoy your weekSmile

I did my week about a month ago, (7th-13th May) and I did enjoy it, didn't lose any sleep and would do it again.

What a shame some of these discussions don't take place over a wee drink in a convivial pub...

Last Modified By saltireblue at 11 Jun 2012 - 8:59 PM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64440 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 8:59 PM

Pub! Now you're talking. Smile

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91904 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 9:21 PM

Quote: I think your profile pic sums a perfect definition of Naivety

I think you are confusing naivety with frivolity Smilenothing wrong with my pp it's just a bit of fun.
Anyway a rude member called me MM photographer after I said his picture was crap.
So here I am.Tongue

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 10:08 PM

Quote: I thought that the idea of the GA was to award what was in your own view the very best, not Pete`s, not Joe Bloggs, your very own, we are all different.

Absolutely. I have no quibble with that. However, how can anyone award 352 images in a week on the basis that they are all the very best that that person has seen on the site in that period? Last time I did it, I awarded less than three a day because that's how many truly outstanding images there were (in my view). If the GEA is to have any standing at all it shouldn't be given out willy-nilly. That's the real issue.

lawbert
11 Jun 2012 - 10:14 PM

How many pictures were uploaded in the 7 day period?,
I know epz and a few monitior statistics well?
Perhaps we can do some percentages over uploads per week and awards givenTongueWink

Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81104 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 10:34 PM

Lawbert , you are getting on my tits and birds on sticks.

What criteria would you apply if you were to volunteer to be G.E ?

Steve_S
Steve_S e2 Member 8176 forum postsSteve_S vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 11:27 PM

We have gone from ECs and HCs only, to GEAs, UAs (from 1 a week to 1 a day for everyone) because we are all different and have different views. Is that really the way to go? If the idea of this is to ensure that everyone gets an award and is kept 'happy' then we should introduce a PTDWAOAA (Picture that didn't win any other award award) and that way every photo could appear in the awards galleries Grin Wink

Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81104 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2012 - 11:45 PM

Whole place is sellin its godamn photographic soul to crap Steve.

Nite

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.