Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guest Editors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

AnnChown
AnnChown e2 Member 4183 forum postsAnnChown vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 12:14 PM

Quote: I put a request in the newsletter but got mostly unknown members who rarely visit the site and had empty portfolios.

Pete: Is there any mileage in starting up a new thread in the Forum asking for volunteers under the heading "Guest Editor" on the home page. I know you said you'd asked in the newsletter, but maybe people don't always read that. Maybe a heading Guest Editor on the home page might catch their eye and spark some interest....?
Ann

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Aug 2012 - 12:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

clive burrow
clive burrow e2 Member 1071 forum postsclive burrow vcard United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 - 3:46 PM

Pete, If it is still going after the names you already have then I'm happy to support and give it a go
Clive

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 4:01 PM

Quote: Pete: Is there any mileage in starting up a new thread in the Forum asking for volunteers under the heading "Guest Editor" on the home page.

That's really what this thread does Ann and it appears on the home page when updated.

Quote: I'm happy to support and give it a go

Ok Clive I can add you to that list for the following week if that's ok?

clive burrow
clive burrow e2 Member 1071 forum postsclive burrow vcard United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 - 5:14 PM

That's fine Pete, looking forward to it.

AnnChown
AnnChown e2 Member 4183 forum postsAnnChown vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 5:18 PM

Oh - right. Sorry, I just haven't seen it there....

Last Modified By AnnChown at 13 Aug 2012 - 5:19 PM
ValSaxby
ValSaxby e2 Member 8132 forum postsValSaxby vcard United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 - 6:16 PM

so glad to see there is at least a few more weeks of volunteers - its a great feature and as I have already stated would hate to see it go.

Val

DannoM
DannoM  556 forum posts England
13 Aug 2012 - 9:18 PM

i have done it once before what seems like a long time ago, like to have another go so put me down.

dan

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 9:55 AM

Thanks Dan I'll add you to the list - looks like we have another mini revival Smile

So this week 13 -19 Aug it's answersonapostcard
20 -26 Aug - Paul Morgan
27 - 2 Sept - NaturesHaven
3 - 9 Sept - clive burrow
10 - 16 Sept - DannoM
1 - 7 Oct - charlotte

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
When you log in on that week you will have a new button under the photo that allows you to select Guest Editor awards for pictures.

Please look at all photos uploaded to the gallery in your allocated week and only select the photos you think are outstanding - it's quality over quantity please. You can still vote as normal on pictures you like while reserving your awards for those you think are special

Also please do not just select pictures from your favourite genres or ones uploaded by your connections or friends. We are looking for an unbiased selection. If you don't feel you can meet any of this criteria please stand down.

The button becomes active at 0:00 on Monday and runs right through the week and stays active on the following Monday so you can catch up with Sunday's uploads

many thanks

If anyone else wants a go you can volunteer in this thread Smile

Last Modified By Pete at 14 Aug 2012 - 9:57 AM MODERATOR POST
NewDay
NewDay  2 England1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 10:42 AM

I would be pleased to have another go anytime to fit in the schedule Sep/Oct - it was an enjoyable experience and you do get to see a wide range of images of all standards which in itself can be interesting as well as sometimes educational.

The Guest Editor award as it has new eyes and a new perspective each week is a valuable resource. No matter how one person tries they instinctively will choose certain images either that they subconsciously "like" or that follows the latest photographic "trend". This inevitably leads to a group of people being more popular because their images will "click" and this creates the undercurrent of perception that exists that certain people are favoured. The guest editor award even if its only 17 people doing three stints a year will always bring some freshness. It also means that a wider selection of people get awards which to many is good because they feel its an achievement however small in the run of things.

It could easily be argued that they is no need for both Editors Choice and Highly Commended as they are both the choice of one individual, why not just have Editors Selection of the Finest of each days images and put them on equal listing staus with Guest Editor as far as visibility is concerned? This would also raise the status of the Guest Editor and hopefully attract more people to volunteer.

The bottom line is still the wider selection of people who get awards from whatever source (assuming of course they are quality images) will in the long term generate more interest in Ephotozine and hence the benefits to all.

Stephen

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2012 - 8:04 PM

Hopefully our Infinity will be up and running soon, so I can have another batTongue

andy_AHG
andy_AHG  5106 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Aug 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi Pete,

I'll have a crack at it. Been meaning to give it a go for ages but work has been busy. Looks like the back end of September would be a good time.

Cheers,

Andy

Pete
16 Aug 2012 - 9:04 PM

Thanks Stephen and Andy I'll add you to the list Smile
17 - 23 Sept - jdthecat
24 - 30 Sept - andy_AHG

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73840 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
16 Aug 2012 - 9:33 PM

I could possibly do a week Pete, but would have to be towards the back end of the year (defiantly not September !!!)

tepot
tepot  104416 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Aug 2012 - 10:53 PM

Quote: Good point.
Ah.... so how do Junior members award GE for nude then, Pete?

Just put in a clause that says guest editors must be 18 or over....sheeesh!

Terry.

andy_AHG
andy_AHG  5106 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Aug 2012 - 4:09 PM

Cheers Pete.

Andy

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.