Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Guest Editors

marktc e2
4 48 13 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2012 11:18AM
I hadn't realised there were so many super phots out there and glad to see that at least one or two of my selections have also been chosen as HC and E.... Is there the possibility that we can have a GE shortlist option as I've been using my UA shortlist, which makes it difficult if you give your UA as it clears the list and you have to start again.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
17 Oct 2012 11:22AM

Quote: Is there the possibility that we can have a GE shortlist option

No we don't have a shortlist option - the easiest thing to do is bookmark pages (and keep them in a GE folder in your browser book mark system )
marktc e2
4 48 13 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2012 11:27AM
Ok cool... didn't think of that Pete thanks for the advice.
marktc e2
4 48 13 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2012 7:48PM
Well that's my week over, I've probably awarded far too many, but in comparison to the amount that are uploaded a drop in the ocean I suspect. An enjoyable and rewarding exercise and I'm glad that it was on a week I was on leave otherwise I just couldn't have managed. Thanks for the opportunity Pete.

Regards

Mark
29 Oct 2012 12:16AM
Just wanted to say a thanks to Pete for the opportunity to be Guest Editor for the last week, and to extend a thanks to everyone who has submitted images. Viewing each and every one has given me the chance to see many great works of varying styles and subjects, and i have to say that the ePhotozine members are a very talented bunch!

Thanks again folk!

Paul Smile
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
29 Oct 2012 9:08AM
Thanks to Mark and Paul glad you both enjoyed the experience.Grin
This week it's - PhillipMinnis
Then we have
5 - 11 Nov - JaHa

And we are now looking for volunteers for future weeks. Anyone want the opportunity to be guest editor?

Here are the rules

Quote:When you log in on that week you will have a new button under the photo that allows you to select Guest Editor awards for pictures.

Please look at all photos uploaded to the gallery in your allocated week and only select the photos you think are outstanding - it's quality over quantity please. You can still vote as normal on pictures you like while reserving your awards for those you think are special

Also please do not just select pictures from your favourite genres or ones uploaded by your connections or friends. We are looking for an unbiased selection.

The button becomes active at 0:00 on Monday and runs right through the week and stays active on the following Monday so you can catch up with Sunday's uploads

Feel you can do that? Don't like the choices of weeks before? Now's your chance to have your say!
efactsphoto 2 8 3 Germany
30 Oct 2012 9:04AM
Hi Pete,
as mentioned earlier, I'd like to be GE again. How about the week 19-25 November or 26 Nov - 2 Dec?
Cheers
Frank
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
30 Oct 2012 9:06AM
Thanks Frank
19-25 November is fine.
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
2 Nov 2012 10:11AM
Anyone free to be guest editor on weeks 12-18 November and 26 Nov -2 Dec?
Alan_Baseley e2
13 323 2 England
2 Nov 2012 10:41AM

Quote:Anyone free to be guest editor on weeks 12-18 November and 26 Nov -2 Dec?

If you can't get any GE newbies, I'll be glad to do it again Pete. Either week
NaturesHaven e2
3 254 5 England
4 Nov 2012 9:58AM
I'd like to volunteer again..............either week in November is OK...............always happy to volunteer........GrinGrinGrin
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
4 Nov 2012 10:36AM
Ok, thanks Alan and Julia .
Alan 12-18 Nov and Julia 26 Nov to 2 Dec - are these dates ok with you both?
Alan_Baseley e2
13 323 2 England
4 Nov 2012 11:46AM
That week's OK for me. Thanks
NaturesHaven e2
3 254 5 England
4 Nov 2012 12:07PM
OK with me Pete............thank you.....SmileSmileSmile
PhillipMinnis 4 94 4 Australia
5 Nov 2012 6:52AM
Well, that's my week as Guest Editor done and dusted!!!

I viewed every image (in large size format) uploaded between 12.01am on Monday 29th of October and 12.00am today. There were the most amazing array of photos uploaded during this period.

I'm afraid I probably awarded far too many images, compared to the number that other Guest Editors award, however, I couldn't help myself! I truly believe that all of the images I awarded were well deserving of the recognition.

I often wondered about Pete's reaction when he awoke each morning; turned on the computer, and saw that I'd been in a bit of an awarding frenzy (I handed out most of the awards during the day in Australia, which was night in Europe). I trust I didn't overdo it too badly! Smile

I have to say, there were a number of images that came close to receiving an award, however, some of them just didn't 100% 'push my button'. Smile I'm a stickler for a straight horizon in a water scene. There were a number of images had the horizon had been straight, they would have received an award from me.

Thanks to Pete for trusting me to get near the Guest Editor's Award button, once again!!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.