Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Guyana

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    faulknerstv
    faulknerstv e2 Member 1089 forum postsfaulknerstv vcard United Kingdom
    6 Oct 2008 - 11:11 PM

am traveling to Guyana march 2009 can anyone give advice about camera care due to the high humidity.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Oct 2008 - 11:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robs
    robs  11660 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Oct 2008 - 11:24 PM

Quite a lot as it happens... I spent 4 months living with a tribe out there in 1995. This, alas, predates digital cameras - but I took an old workhorse Nikkormat FT3 35mm camera, Nikkor 50mm f1.2 lens, Vivitar 35-70 and Vivitar 70-200... plus a 2x tele and a shed load of film. Oh aye, Vivitar flash gun too!

The Nikkormat came back - but that thing has been around the world several times and will survive anything as it is a purely mechanical beast. The Nikkor 50mm came back not so unscathed but still working fine. The rest died.

What I would suggest - you want either pro quality kit (be it film or fully sealed digital) *or* go with film and old mechanical cameras that can take abuse (actually I know that OM Olympus jobs have survived it well so add those to the Nikons and Canons from the 70's). A lot does depend on what you are doing, where you are staying and what you want to photograph though, so give us more details... infact drop me an email to rob at alpinist dot co dot uk and I can tell you whatever you need to know! Probably... or perhaps....

Oh aye - one problem with film - it gets destroyed by the beasties. Most my slides are now gone alas... managed to scan some but the quality isn't what it was 13 years ago :-(

The Malaria isn't either mind....

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.