Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

GX7 and Wi-Fi

Chris_L e2
1.3k United Kingdom
28 Aug 2014 5:53PM
Controlling camera from smartphone or tablet is a thing of beauty. Every time I try out a new device, say a pal's phone, it's a pita to type in the wi-fi code as it's a mix of upper and lower case letters plus numbers. Is it possible to choose your own wi-fi password instead of using the built-in?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2014 6:23PM
You cannot d this during when the wifi is connected so go into normal picture mode.
Go into the spanner menu (not Spanner-C)
select WiFi on Screen 1
select WiFi set up
select WiFi password on Screen 2

Follow the instructions
Chris_L e2
1.3k United Kingdom
28 Aug 2014 6:27PM
Thanks Mike but I'd tried that. All it does is protect the Wi-Fi function with a 4 digit pin Sad
mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2014 6:46PM
D'oh!
Coast e2
6 1.4k 292 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2014 7:48PM
Does it not have a scannable barcode option?

The OMD offers a barcode on the rear screen that you scan with your smartphone or tablet and it connects and downloads a profile to recognise the camera wifi. Takes about 30s but is a once only action.
Chris_L e2
1.3k United Kingdom
28 Aug 2014 8:31PM
Yes it does and it doesn't; the Panasonic Imaging App allows you to choose QR as preferred method but I can't fathom how to get camera to display a QR
lemmy 7 2.0k United Kingdom
3 Sep 2014 12:06AM
You should be able to turn on NFC in the camera and phone and touch them together. You don't need any bar code. The NFC is on the front right of the canera.

I don't think you can change the camera password to enter but you only have to enter it once and after that it connects without it.

Why do you want to control the camera from so many phones? Couldn't you just show it off on your own Wink
Chris_L e2
1.3k United Kingdom
3 Sep 2014 1:25AM
My S2 doesn't seem to have the NFC. When I've taken the camera to friends' houses it looks more impressive if they view and control it on their tablet. I'll have to remember about the NFC though, most newer tablets have that.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.