Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Hahnel Giga Pro T wireless remote timer issue can any one help

NeilS e2
7 940 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2011 8:04PM
Just got this device as a trigger, all seems to work ok in a variety of functions, except what I bought it for ie shooting fast frame rates remotely with a 1DM3, in H fast frame rate however with either servo or one shot it fires just two frames pauses then another two and so on.

The instructions clearly indicate that on the B sequential shooting mode it will fire the camera continously for as long as the button is held down, this doesn't happen and I don't think any of the other settings are holding this off.

I have also tried it with my 50D and it gives a very slow frame rate, much slower than presing the shutter button manually.

Has anyone experiemced these issues

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
7 Jun 2011 8:25PM
Is it new? And are the batteries new?
csurry
12 9.2k 92
7 Jun 2011 8:55PM
Just tried it on the one I have. Funnily enough mike and I had just been discussing this unit via pm.

Anyway works fine. So my only question is, is the correct icon showing in the remote unit. The one that looks like an old multi exposure icon? The trigger delay between images was a bit odd but I put that down to mine being connected to an Olympus pen rather than a dslr.

Sorry can not be more help other than to say works on my unit.
NeilS e2
7 940 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2011 9:32PM
Cheers, yes its brand new, and presumably the batteries are also, its in the B setting sequential mode which is the multi square icon symbol
7 Jun 2011 9:36PM

Quote:and presumably the batteries are also,

Probably worth trying new batteries before contacting Hahnel...
NeilS e2
7 940 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2011 10:04PM
May do that, many thanks its worth a try
NeilS e2
7 940 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2011 10:20PM
Source of problem found apparently, after contacting Clifton Cameras, I spoke with manufacturer and it will fire in sequential mode but only at a frame rate of 1 shot per second which is medium format performance, and not a lot of use for wildlife with any normal DSLR

It will fire rapidly in bulb mode but you have to press the button to start and then press again to stop the firing, which quite frankly isn't a lot of use to me

The manufactures say that this is not a design fault, but surprise surprise, there is now a Mark 2 version out which doesn't have this issue.

So if you are looking to buy one of these and you want it to perform on par with a cheap wired remote for fast frame rate shooting, make sure its the Mark 2 version you buy.

The good news is that Clifton Cameras will exchange mine for a Mark 2, but disappointingly will not cover any additional postage costs incurred, I have however suggested they change the way they advertise this model on their website to make it clear
9 Jun 2011 8:49PM
Appreciate the FB on this Neil. Thank you.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.