Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

"Hair" on sensor?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    cheddar-caveman
    19 Sep 2012 - 4:32 PM

Oh dear, just come back from doing a bit of HDR in the Cheddar Gorge and I find there is a "hair" or similar on my7D sensor! I have seen this before but thought it was on my previous lens. I now have a new 15-85mm and it's still there! Is it "safe" to clean the sensor or should I take it to Jessops or similar?

You can see it nearly half way up the L/H side, just above the white cloud.

pinacles2.jpg

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Sep 2012 - 4:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Sep 2012 - 4:36 PM

If it's just a hair you may be able to blow it off with a powerful blower. Have you tried that?

cheddar-caveman
    19 Sep 2012 - 4:40 PM

Blimey, that was quick! No, I can't find my puffer at the momentSad

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Sep 2012 - 4:52 PM

You could try dislodging with a clean cotton wool bud stick thingy - but be very careful. Lock the mirror up you will see the sensor and should see the hair. It will be on the right as the image is upside down and back to front on the sensor. Hold the camera up above your head so the screen is pointing downwards and nudge the hair with the cotton wool stick so it falls off - don't press just finely move above the surface to catch the hair. If that doesn't work you need to either get it cleaned professionally or buy a proper cleaning kit with swabs that you sweep across the sensor.

cheddar-caveman
    19 Sep 2012 - 5:05 PM

Ha! Sorted! Found puffer (in dog's basket!). Few puffs to clean the thing and then a couple onto the sensor and........gone! Took picture of clear blue sky (long time since I saw that!) and.........nothing, gone!

Thanks guys. Now have to go back to the Gorge and repeat the exercise. Hope it's sunny tomorrow!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.