Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Half Way Photographers?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Stan. L-B
Stan. L-B  12222 forum posts United Kingdom
23 Aug 2003 - 9:06 PM

Bobs & Others.
Two of my grandchildren at a London Uni. reading classical art. Both are very enthusiastic about traditional photography.

I also have a daughter with the RA who prefers black and white traditional photography to colour when photography is called for in her work.

Admittedly, they are not teenagers but neither are they old, but a fair representation of youth opinion.

At no time have I knocked digital work as stated as you will see from my work submitted.

I expect now I will be told that it must be in the family genes! I put my case to rest.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Aug 2003 - 9:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BOB S
BOB S  122622 forum posts
23 Aug 2003 - 9:37 PM

Hey Stan,

I still have half of my garage consigned to a darkroom - only problem is I have not used it for at least 18 months, pressure of work and time issues. I still find darkroom work very therapeutic, spending all evening and sometimes half the night to produce that "perfect" B&W print has a certain something about it. But with the advent of the digital equivalent I find that my processing work has improved ! and it is always repeatable !!

BOB

BOB S
BOB S  122622 forum posts
23 Aug 2003 - 9:39 PM

Carabosse - CRUMBS at last we agree !!

Thats cool

BOB

teepee
teepee  11654 forum posts England
24 Aug 2003 - 5:16 PM

The reason I send my work to be processed is quite simple, I don't enjoy that side of photography I only enjoy the taking stage.As long as people enjoy taking pictures that's what it's all about!To me it's a hobby not a vocation.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
25 Aug 2003 - 2:03 PM

I find darkroom work more satisfying in the 'hands on' sense. I don't get the same buzz producing a print from the PC.
Perhaps it is the feeling that the keyboard,software and printer are a barrier between me and the finished pic.

As an aside, I Discontinued my membership of UPP of Great Britain, because of a ruling that trade processed prints were not acceptable, which I considered to be unfair, as not everyone has a darkroom.
The stupid thing is that you could scan a trade processed print and then print it digitally and it would be accepted (B****y daft):o(

On a more positive note. Our Photo Workshop was recently approached by a local school looking for advice in setting up facilities for photographic studies (A level & GCSE I believe).

The plan wil include:-
Six complete colour/B&W enlarging cubicles with retouching, mounting, processing equipment etc.
Six computer suites, with printers and assorted software.
Two complete studio set-ups with lighting & backgrounds.

This should give pupils a good grounding in both traditional photography and digital imaging.

The facility will also be made available to members of the local community who are members of camera clubs, workshops and other specific groups.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.