Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Haminex PR-65 meter

2 Jan 2010 3:17PM
one haminex Cd5 PR-65 has come into my posesion, just wandered what was what about it? i think it takes button cells of some sort but cant find much more than the 'Cd5' is the sencer type...

does any one know how to use it, or what batteries or even a manual?

ty.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snapper e2
9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
2 Jan 2010 3:32PM
It's actually CdS and stands for Cadmium Sulphide. You'll probably get a manual from Oldtimer Cameras, but the meter probably isn't worth more than about 10.
2 Jan 2010 3:40PM
yup nearly a tenner for the manual, i was of the thought i may as well buy a new meter as pay a tenner.... unless theyre good or something.

ty
thewilliam e2
6 4.9k
2 Jan 2010 5:15PM
Check which button cells it takes before spending any money. Some of the older meters, like the Sinarsix, take mercury button cells which have been banned for environmental reasons. PM me with the cell type and I'll look it up in my Mallory data book.

A light meter shouldn't need instructions. If it isn't obvious, ask a more experienced friend to show you.
Snapper e2
9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
2 Jan 2010 5:30PM
Google got me this info on the battery, so possibly a mercury cell as William suggests.
2 Jan 2010 5:55PM
i came accross some other type of cell, suposed to reduce the voltage to 1.35v, sy cant remember wher, it was admist a longgggggg search.

(i nearly bought a 3,5v,,,nearly.)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.