Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Haminex PR-65 meter

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    HuntedDragon
    2 Jan 2010 - 3:17 PM

one haminex Cd5 PR-65 has come into my posesion, just wandered what was what about it? i think it takes button cells of some sort but cant find much more than the 'Cd5' is the sencer type...

does any one know how to use it, or what batteries or even a manual?

ty.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Jan 2010 - 3:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snapper
    Snapper  93687 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jan 2010 - 3:32 PM

It's actually CdS and stands for Cadmium Sulphide. You'll probably get a manual from Oldtimer Cameras, but the meter probably isn't worth more than about 10.

HuntedDragon
    2 Jan 2010 - 3:40 PM

yup nearly a tenner for the manual, i was of the thought i may as well buy a new meter as pay a tenner.... unless theyre good or something.

ty

thewilliam
    2 Jan 2010 - 5:15 PM

Check which button cells it takes before spending any money. Some of the older meters, like the Sinarsix, take mercury button cells which have been banned for environmental reasons. PM me with the cell type and I'll look it up in my Mallory data book.

A light meter shouldn't need instructions. If it isn't obvious, ask a more experienced friend to show you.

Last Modified By thewilliam at 2 Jan 2010 - 5:16 PM
    Snapper
    Snapper  93687 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jan 2010 - 5:30 PM

Google got me this info on the battery, so possibly a mercury cell as William suggests.

Last Modified By Snapper at 2 Jan 2010 - 5:31 PM
    HuntedDragon
    2 Jan 2010 - 5:55 PM

i came accross some other type of cell, suposed to reduce the voltage to 1.35v, sy cant remember wher, it was admist a longgggggg search.

(i nearly bought a 3,5v,,,nearly.)

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.