Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Happy St David's Day

Draig37 e2
7 248 Wales
1 Mar 2009 5:06PM
...To one and all

Smile folks

link

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SuziBlue e2
12 16.2k 10 Scotland
1 Mar 2009 5:52PM
Sixteen bears ...??
Smile Smile
john64 e2
10 824 England
1 Mar 2009 6:46PM
Haven't got a clue what that's all about, but as my wife is from South Wales, I'll wish all of our Taffy friends a Happy St.David's Day.
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
1 Mar 2009 7:24PM
I was in St Davids Cathedral taking a few shots two day ago (yes, I did pay!), and there was a veritable army of women putting daffs everywhere, huge floral displays. I asked one, what was the ocassion, and she looked at me as if I had come from another planet! St Davids Day, she said! Wink Well, I've only been in Wales 35 years, how would I know!
Camairish e2
9 1.3k Scotland
1 Mar 2009 11:14PM
Back at ya'

I woo-ed my wife in Anglesey.
Or was it East Anglia.

Come to think of it, was it my wife?
Careful, mate!!! Smile
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
2 Mar 2009 8:14AM
Happy St David's Day to you too (for yesterday). I heard on the radio the other day that some councils are banning the celebration of St. George's Day (not that it ever is celebrated) because it is seen as racist!

I've always thought the PC movement had a high percentage of idiots among its ranks but I am beginning to think I was wrong - they must all be idiots! Sad

Ian

Quote: ..heard on the radio the other day that some councils are banning the celebration of St. George's Day (not that it ever is celebrated) because it is seen as racist..

Funny how they only ban our days and beliefs. Sad
digicammad e2
3 Mar 2009 3:45PM
My thoughts too Jas.
Alciabides 5 536 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2009 8:35PM
Just slaying dragons.
Your all dragonists.
keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2009 11:08PM
Since the cross of St George was hijacked by football hooligans, I don't really care.

It does seem that one council withdrew funding for a parade, because last year it was infiltrated by racist yobs and neo nazis.
Then the gutter press blew up the story, like they do, and here we are.

The real reason that St. George might be suppressed is that he was Palestininan, and the government suspects his supporters are linked to Hamas. Smile
digicammad e2
4 Mar 2009 8:21AM
lol. I understand your point about the link between the flag and thugs, but for heavens sake the reaction is like permanently shutting the Severn crossing because people were using it to jump off.

If people are not allowed to celebrate being English then all that is left is the thug element. Sad
mohikan22 e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
4 Mar 2009 9:28AM
alas i missed the day(not literally) but heres MY offer for St Davids Day. link
matt.
4 Mar 2009 9:30AM
I thought St George was Turkish.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.