Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

hard drive

5 Jun 2013 8:16PM
when shooting tethered to the computer does everyone back up to hard drive at the same time? if so what hard drives best.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joshwa e2
4 710 United Kingdom
6 Jun 2013 10:33AM
If your computer supports it a USB3 drive would make the most sense, for speed, but there's a big range out there, from full size 3.5inch to 2.5inch rugged drives. I guess the choice would depend on how much space you want. I have an external 2TB USB2 drive by iomega, but inside it's a Seagate drive. They all seem to be pretty reliable these days, as there aren't many manufacturers of hard drives left after they went through a phase of buying each other Smile
indemnity 6 331
6 Jun 2013 1:06PM
In the studio I shoot tethered to laptop hard drive in Capture One. I have cf card in back, so if there's a crash on laptop (which has happened...it's a dell), image auto saves to cf card.

I then copy images to external drives at end of shoot when at home and edit on desktop.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.