Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Harmann Matt FB

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2009 - 1:23 PM

Anyone tried this paper?

Trying to print an image as the customer wanted Matt and I only had gloss or semi-gloss and no-one had the Canon Matt paper in stock. It is one of the squirrel in snow shots. I have followed their recommended settings, but the snow is quite blue and the squirrel looks dark and quite magenta.

I am printing on the Canon Pro9500. So any suggested settings appreciated, as I only bought 5 sheets of the A4 to do the trial prints and I don't want to waste them unnecessarily.

Thanks
    Cheryl

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Nov 2009 - 1:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2009 - 1:37 PM

Have you tried using the option for the Canon matt..?

I sometimes use some old Fotospeed matt, But I set my Canon print options for Canon matt, Seems to work ok.

I'm puzzled as to why your snow is getting a blue tone, I know you have probably thought of this, But double check all your colour management, Just in case....!!!

Whats it look like in print preview..?

csurry
    16 Nov 2009 - 1:42 PM

I was surprised as well.

If I print on to Canon Paper with the recommended settings it is fine, so don't think anything has gone awry in the colour management.

Their recommended settings are Photo Paper Plus Glossy, quality High and Select ICM. These are not the actual options as presented on the Mac interface so made the best approximation.

Just hoping someone had used an knew exact settings as I only have 3 sheets of A4 left and it is rather expensive paper to keep running tests.

Thanks anyway.

csurry
    16 Nov 2009 - 1:55 PM

OK tried the FA Matt Paper in the colour management option and selected Matt Paper in the print dialog and that is so much better.

Why on earth do they recommend glossy settings?

Just two sheets of A4 left now Sad

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2009 - 7:11 PM

Had a good look at my Canon options, Can't see anything that would help, Don't like to offer any guess work solutions, Seeing as your running out of paper...Sad

So thats me out of ideas...

Hope someone comes along with a more informed option...!!!

Good luck...

Chriscj
    Chriscj  896 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2009 - 7:40 PM

Make sure if your printer has a matt black the setting you use uses that. I have never had any problems with it, other than it can mark a little to easily. Innova smooth cotton white is better, not quite as smooth as Harman but produces a lovely print.

Chris

Last Modified By Chriscj at 16 Nov 2009 - 7:41 PM
    csurry
    16 Nov 2009 - 7:52 PM

Thanks Chris.

Just realised the other problem I was having was because they sent A3 not A3+ as I had ordered. Could not work out why the print was not on the paper as expected, until I measured the paper and checked the book.

Fair play to RK Photographic they have told me to keep the A3 and are sending a box of A3+ tomorrow. Unfortunately too late for me to do the print to post this week as I am at work now Sad

Will have to tell the customer there is a delay.

Like the paper, it has a nice feel, but the settings they suggest are quite strange. The matt settings work much better.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.