Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Has anybody been on one of Colin Homes workshops?

psiman 11 551 Wales
1 Jul 2009 9:05PM
Hi there, I'm interested in going on one of Colin Homes B&W workshops and was wondering if anyone else has been on one and would be prepared to share any feedback (you can send me a Private Message if you like)?

Many thanks,

Simon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

psiman 11 551 Wales
11 Aug 2009 8:19AM
Just to follow up on my original thread. My wife and I have just returned from a week up in Fife and spent an excellent 3 days on one of Colin Home's Digital B&W Workshops. Colin is an extremely talented mono photographer mainly working in large format film but skilled in digital as well with a very distinctive style.

Despite suffering from crippling toothache he spent the best part of the 3 days with us showing us some of the choicest spots on Fife's East Neuk coast (beautiful picturesque fishing harbours which even in high season weren't too busy) and helping us greatly with composition and balance and introducing us to the joys of long exposure photography! We came away invigorated and inspired and have already ordered some 6 and 10 stop filters!

You can see examples of his work and details of his workshops (including one to Iceland!) on his website www.colinhomes.com and if you're in the Fife area his gallery in the lovely 13 century village of Culross is well worth a visit.

Simon
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
11 Aug 2009 11:27AM
Glad to hear you had a good time.

Hope the cheque's on the way Wink
psiman 11 551 Wales
11 Aug 2009 3:21PM
Hi Suzi,

I knew that if I put an endorsement down that people would think there was an ulterior motive and no matter what I subsequently reply with some people will still think that. All I will say is that the only motivation behind me following up on my original request was to provide some honest feedback and information for anyone else who's interested in these courses and beyond having been on the course we have no other connection with them.

Simon
rowarrior 6 4.4k 9 Scotland
11 Aug 2009 8:59PM

Quote:Fife's East Neuk coast (beautiful picturesque fishing harbours which even in high season weren't too busy)

Yep, they'd be quiet as no-one in their right mind expects it to be dry all day on the east coast of Scotland Wink Glad you got the annual days of nice weather Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.