Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Has anyone managed to master fill-in flash using fully automatic flash systems?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Mar 2001 - 6:52 AM

I'm lookin for techniques, such as fooling the ISO setting, sticking diffuser over the head etc. Let me know what you do and what systems you use.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Mar 2001 - 6:52 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

spiller
    spiller  13
    8 Aug 2001 - 1:28 AM

I am a commercial and PR Photographer in london and have to travel very light on the tube train. So I had to consider weight when buying my kit.I use a canon eos3 with two 550ex flash guns mounted on manfrotto stands with two small brollies and a ST-E2 transmitter, altought I lose a little bit of power it gives me good results and does not mean i have to lug loads of heavy equipment to the job.To see examples of work look at www.spillerphoto.co.uk.

discreetphoton
    discreetphoton Site Moderator 93453 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    1 May 2009 - 1:32 PM

oops. Hit last page, not recent activity.

Last Modified By discreetphoton at 1 May 2009 - 1:35 PM
    ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    1 May 2009 - 2:10 PM

By "fully auto" are we talking about auto exposure on the camera and ETTL (say) on the flash?

Just that I shoot M on the camera and ETTL on flash if I'm on the move - e.g. at a wedding.

So never gone fully auto

strawman
    strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    1 May 2009 - 2:36 PM

I use the same set up as Ade, or sometimes shoot in Av mode with the flash on ETTL.

SteveCharles
    1 May 2009 - 2:51 PM

Guys, not sure if Pete is still looking after 8 years...

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    1 May 2009 - 2:54 PM

well spotted... LOL

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    1 May 2009 - 2:57 PM

nothing like dredgig up the past is there Wink

discreetphoton
    discreetphoton Site Moderator 93453 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    1 May 2009 - 4:05 PM

yeah, that was my fault. Thought I was working from the most recent stuff. Ah well. I'm not the first and probably not the last Smile

Last Modified By discreetphoton at 1 May 2009 - 4:06 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.