Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Has anyone seen results from the eFilm cartridge yet?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tomato
    tomato  13
    27 Mar 2001 - 7:14 AM

The cartridge that converts a normal SLR to take digital photos has been previewed for several years at trade exhibitions in Cologne and USA, but it still has not reached the shops...will it ever?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Mar 2001 - 7:14 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tom hardwick
    8 Aug 2001 - 1:28 AM

It looked like a con looking for financial support to me. Unless it was a physically huge chip the lenses that were going to be fronting it
    would be far too long for anyone but bird watchers. It looked to be a clever idea that all of us chemical photographers wanted to believe in, and if
    it's still out there and in prototype form, then lets see some results.

But I'm a doubting tom, and know that digital cams have far more electronic processors inside them than any film fed EOS. It's this thought that fills
    me with suspicion. But hey - prove me wrong! Then I can dig out my Canon 1014E Super8 cam, slide in a 720 x 576 chipped dummy film cartridge and away I go.
    Instant camcorder. But I doubt it. Shakes head slowly, leaves stage left.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points

It reared itself again at PMA this Feb. Once again, it was still in prototype stage and was being beta tested. I want to believe it will happen, but, like you Tom, I feel sceptical.

Malcolm Downes

If you go to the Silicon Film Technologies web site, there are some pictures posted there from the E Film.

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England

I work in digital imaging (RIP software to digital minilab printers) and still shoot mainly on film. I have the use of a Fuji S1 which is great, but sticking a digital "film" in a standard SLR detracts from the main advantage of digital cameras - that you can see what you shot and delete it if you don't like it.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Aug 2001 - 5:44 PM

Good point. What would be good is a high resolution back that replaces the exisitng one and has a cable transfering the image picked up trhough the lens to an electronic viewfinder that slides over the eyepiece. Trouble is most of the new cameras don't have a removable back so it's unlikely to be developed. Shame because I have an old Nikon F3 eagerly waiting to be modified! And you can pick up loads of great second hand cameras with a clip off back.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022899 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Mar 2011 - 7:28 PM

I'd take it with just a histogram review, which is how I started with digital in the first place.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Mar 2011 - 7:49 PM

Lol @ the ancient thread! Grin

User_Removed
    29 Mar 2011 - 7:55 PM

Why would anyone want it. I use an old RB67 and an old F2n for film. I use a D3s and D300 for digital. Frankly, I use old film cameras because I love film. I use digital cameras for their convenience, even though, quality-wise, they cannot yet compete with film (although they meet 95% of my needs).

Its a bit like saying that someone has found a way to put an E-type engine in a Ford Prefect. Why???? I loved my Prefect because of all the wonderful sex I had in the back seat in the 1950s. If I wanted E-type performance without having an actual E-type, I'd buy a cheapo Subaru.

keith selmes
    29 Mar 2011 - 8:02 PM

10 years. Phew.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022899 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Mar 2011 - 8:37 PM

Lol how did that one rear it's head in Recent Activity

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73846 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Mar 2011 - 9:03 PM

Someone resurected it ... I wonder who? Have you lost a decade Keith?

Last Modified By Nick_w at 29 Mar 2011 - 9:03 PM
    spaceman
    spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Mar 2011 - 9:29 PM

So is the efilm cartridge out yet?

keithh
    29 Mar 2011 - 9:48 PM

I just wish it was real

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.