Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Has Britain got Talent?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2008 - 5:11 PM

I watched it from the beginning, I loved it, ordinary people doing amazing things.
Signature were my favourite. My friend owns the intellectual rights to Connie Talbot (whatever that means, I did ask but couldn't understand it, basically he makes money when she does and he's doing very well thank you as a result)
Of course the beginning stages are the best with all the weirdos, and I doubt it was any coincidence that The Hackney Empire had 99% of all the crackpots.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jun 2008 - 5:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102293 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2008 - 5:16 PM

I thought there were five or six worthy finalists this year but I was disappointed that Faryl, the 12 year old prodigy with the exquisite contralto voice didn't win. Mind you, I'm biased toward singers and other musicians - I'm not quite so keen on dancers.
Of course, Faryl, will no doubt become a big name in singing in spite of failing to win the talent competition. I believe she probably better than Paul Potts, last years winner. I think Escala, the girl string quartet and Signature, the highly entertaining dance duo, will get contracts too.

Garth

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105971 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2008 - 7:37 PM

Never watched this sort of thing before but followed the whole series through and enjoyed it.. and when it came to the final there were about 5 I wanted to win.... Great entertainment. Some great talent at the end there... and some contracts will be signed for a number of people, I am sure.

Jeanie

Last Modified By jeanie at 1 Jun 2008 - 7:38 PM
CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87281 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2008 - 8:37 PM

I like Signature.....

bangalicious
1 Jun 2008 - 8:39 PM

I usually detest these sorts of shows with a passion but was hooked this year for BGT because of the pure variety. Was glad George Sampson won this year, his determination and attitude was excellent to watch and is a good example to our young folk. Plus he was an awesome dancer.

Was happy with the finalists and my bet was on Signiture, but i was happy enough with George.

Couldnt stand the Cheeky Monkeys though!

nickyv32
nickyv32 e2 Member 7135 forum postsnickyv32 vcard England
1 Jun 2008 - 8:46 PM

Signature or Escala should have won in my opinion !
But, thats only my opinion.
Escala were magic.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108378 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2008 - 8:58 PM

Quote: Escala were magic.

But they are basically the same act as Bond.
Not very original, but good all the same.

NickParry
NickParry  91016 forum posts Wales79 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2008 - 12:55 AM

I enjoyed both 'Britain's Got Talent' and "I'd Do Anything', the talent was great, BUT I can't stand it when the audience all cheer and clap during a song, especially when a singer changes key or sing a high note. It just spoils it. It's only recently that I have seen this happening on shows both on ITV and the BBC. I know they have often done it on The X Factor, but it happening all the time now, and it bugs me something silly.

Nick

Last Modified By NickParry at 2 Jun 2008 - 12:56 AM
StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014928 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2008 - 1:12 AM

Quote: BUT I can't stand it when the audience all cheer and clap during a song, especially when a singer changes key or sing a high note.

Especially when the band doesn't change key with them.Smile

Last Modified By StrayCat at 2 Jun 2008 - 1:12 AM
Skodster
Skodster  8902 forum posts Ireland
2 Jun 2008 - 7:27 PM

Yep...it certainly has...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KA2B5X0LhMY

This really had me entertained...

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 2 Jun 2008 - 7:40 PM
petra16
petra16  8169 forum posts Scotland
2 Jun 2008 - 7:37 PM

They should have won...they were superb and very entertaining

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2008 - 8:02 PM

They are brilliant, the moonwalk was amazing, I love them.
But people prefer a touching story, and Geoff Sampson got that as well as talent. I heard in the news today that he has rare spinal problem, so god bless.

Hanners
Hanners e2 Member 8875 forum postsHanners vcard Ireland10 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2008 - 8:39 PM

Quote: They should have won...they were superb and very entertaining

Trouble was they only had one routine - good one but it was only one

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102293 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2008 - 9:21 PM

Quote: Quote:They should have won...they were superb and very entertainingTrouble was they only had one routine - good one but it was only one

I thought they were brilliant too and I think I would have put them first for sheer entertainment value. Then again, Kate and Gin (the sheepdog) were incredible entertainment value the first time around. These things are subjective of course, but I think it's difficult to draw comparisons between entertainment acts and serious spiritual performances like that of Faryl Smith and Andrew Johnston.
But still, it's all about talent and hard work, I'm sure, whether you are singing arias or doing a dance routine.
For all the criticism and comments of sob stories and so on, I think 'Britain's got Talent' is an excellent show and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I reckon Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan are right about the feel-good factor all this talent gives us Brits with all the social tensions we have right now.

Garth

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.