Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Has Britain got Talent?

Fishnet e2
10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2008 5:11PM
I watched it from the beginning, I loved it, ordinary people doing amazing things.
Signature were my favourite. My friend owns the intellectual rights to Connie Talbot (whatever that means, I did ask but couldn't understand it, basically he makes money when she does and he's doing very well thank you as a result)
Of course the beginning stages are the best with all the weirdos, and I doubt it was any coincidence that The Hackney Empire had 99% of all the crackpots.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2008 5:16PM
I thought there were five or six worthy finalists this year but I was disappointed that Faryl, the 12 year old prodigy with the exquisite contralto voice didn't win. Mind you, I'm biased toward singers and other musicians - I'm not quite so keen on dancers.
Of course, Faryl, will no doubt become a big name in singing in spite of failing to win the talent competition. I believe she probably better than Paul Potts, last years winner. I think Escala, the girl string quartet and Signature, the highly entertaining dance duo, will get contracts too.

Garth
jeanie e2
10 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2008 7:37PM
Never watched this sort of thing before but followed the whole series through and enjoyed it.. and when it came to the final there were about 5 I wanted to win.... Great entertainment. Some great talent at the end there... and some contracts will be signed for a number of people, I am sure.

Jeanie
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2008 8:37PM
I like Signature.....
bangalicious e2
7 1.3k 5 England
1 Jun 2008 8:39PM
I usually detest these sorts of shows with a passion but was hooked this year for BGT because of the pure variety. Was glad George Sampson won this year, his determination and attitude was excellent to watch and is a good example to our young folk. Plus he was an awesome dancer.

Was happy with the finalists and my bet was on Signiture, but i was happy enough with George.

Couldnt stand the Cheeky Monkeys though!
nickyv32 e2
7 135 England
1 Jun 2008 8:46PM
Signature or Escala should have won in my opinion !
But, thats only my opinion.
Escala were magic.
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
1 Jun 2008 8:58PM

Quote:Escala were magic.

But they are basically the same act as Bond .
Not very original, but good all the same.
NickParry e2
9 1.0k 79 Wales
2 Jun 2008 12:55AM
I enjoyed both 'Britain's Got Talent' and "I'd Do Anything', the talent was great, BUT I can't stand it when the audience all cheer and clap during a song, especially when a singer changes key or sing a high note. It just spoils it. It's only recently that I have seen this happening on shows both on ITV and the BBC. I know they have often done it on The X Factor, but it happening all the time now, and it bugs me something silly.

Nick
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
2 Jun 2008 1:12AM

Quote:BUT I can't stand it when the audience all cheer and clap during a song, especially when a singer changes key or sing a high note.

Especially when the band doesn't change key with them.Smile
Skodster 8 902 Ireland
2 Jun 2008 7:27PM
Yep...it certainly has...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KA2B5X0LhMY

This really had me entertained...
petra16 8 169 Scotland
2 Jun 2008 7:37PM
They should have won...they were superb and very entertaining
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
2 Jun 2008 8:02PM
They are brilliant, the moonwalk was amazing, I love them.
But people prefer a touching story, and Geoff Sampson got that as well as talent. I heard in the news today that he has rare spinal problem, so god bless.
Hanners e2
8 875 10 Ireland
2 Jun 2008 8:39PM

Quote:They should have won...they were superb and very entertaining

Trouble was they only had one routine - good one but it was only one
gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2008 9:21PM

Quote:Quote:They should have won...they were superb and very entertainingTrouble was they only had one routine - good one but it was only one
I thought they were brilliant too and I think I would have put them first for sheer entertainment value. Then again, Kate and Gin (the sheepdog) were incredible entertainment value the first time around. These things are subjective of course, but I think it's difficult to draw comparisons between entertainment acts and serious spiritual performances like that of Faryl Smith and Andrew Johnston.
But still, it's all about talent and hard work, I'm sure, whether you are singing arias or doing a dance routine.
For all the criticism and comments of sob stories and so on, I think 'Britain's got Talent' is an excellent show and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I reckon Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan are right about the feel-good factor all this talent gives us Brits with all the social tensions we have right now.

Garth

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.