Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Has this country gone BARMY! or is this April 1st

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    collywobles
    31 Mar 2011 - 3:44 PM

I have just read an article in one of this weeks Daily Mail (the article was given to me - honest, I'm a Guardian reader).

It shocked me so much that I actually did not believe it - but it seemed it was supported by statements from NHS staff and the persons local MP. I am still struggling to believe its true - but here goes.

An elderly lady who is incontinent and requires adult absorbtion pads has been told that she must take her used pads to the Chemist/Clinic so they can be weighed to check how much urine she leaks before she will be allowed to have more on prescription! It seems you have to pee yourself a certian amount and measure it before you get the prescription.

Will someone please tell me this is not really what happens - please, the ludicrousy of it is driving me nuts..........................

Its gotta be an early April Fool joke and I feel I've been caught....

Colin

Last Modified By collywobles at 31 Mar 2011 - 3:48 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    31 Mar 2011 - 3:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2011 - 3:49 PM

Well if it isn't a spoof I despair even more for the state of our country! Sad

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2011 - 3:49 PM

I wouldn't like to be the chemist either!

maroondah
    maroondah  11239 forum posts Australia1 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2011 - 3:50 PM

I hope its a joke, if not heaven help us all as we get older !!!!!!!!!!!Sad

Chant57
    Chant57 e2 Member 8374 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2011 - 3:53 PM

here and here apparently reported on 29th March

Last Modified By Chant57 at 31 Mar 2011 - 3:54 PM
    Boyd
    Boyd  1111213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2011 - 3:54 PM

Here's the BBC article.

Seems like they are literally taking the piss.

jken
    jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2011 - 4:10 PM

Here about the sarcastic washing machine......takes the piss out of your knickers.

collywobles
    31 Mar 2011 - 4:14 PM

Thanks guys n gals -- all I can say is that if ever I need them they will only ever want to weigh mine the once.......... especially when I dump a pile of them on the counter................................

Colin

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53671 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2011 - 4:38 PM

Lets embarass ourselves out of asking for healthcare. Yes save money, give her say 40 a week and let her decide how often to use or change them. We try and control too much and not facilitate others to make their own decisions.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2011 - 6:12 PM

Ah! The age old question, To pee or not to pee.....Grin

bigalguitarpicker

PMSL!!Wink

collywobles
    1 Apr 2011 - 9:58 AM

Quote: Lets embarass ourselves out of asking for healthcare. Yes save money, give her say 40 a week and let her decide how often to use or change them. We try and control too much and not facilitate others to make their own decisions.

What, when we can have multiple Commitees, NHS and Social Workers departments involved, Chemists and Doctors -- how would the NHS survive if they were to think about the best and least costly way to provide treatment ................ Jack - Rules are there to maintain status quo... Colin

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2011 - 10:03 AM

Wouldn't a better test be for her to take her socks in? If they are soggy she really needs incontenence pads!

Tooth
    Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2011 - 9:00 PM

Quote: It seems you have to pee yourself a certain amount and measure it before you get the prescription.

well (assuming it's not an off-date April fool) wouldn't you just need to pee in them before taking them in??

or even put some gravel in and say you're tiortured with your kidney stones

...or even wrap up one of them new fancy nintendo machines in it .......

Stephen

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.