Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hasselblad announces partnership with Sony in a bid to expand and develop its pro...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

randomrubble
18 Sep 2012 - 10:21 PM

Another utterly misguided attempt to cash in on the brand, my gut feeling is that this shows we are at the beginning of the end for Hasselblad.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Sep 2012 - 10:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
18 Sep 2012 - 11:04 PM

The H series cameras use Kodak made sensors so I can understand why Hasselblad is looking at a new partner, especially one that makes sensors. Sony sensors that go into the high-end Nikon bodies as well as their own brand.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139388 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
18 Sep 2012 - 11:19 PM

Sony also makes the sensors in the most recent Olympus models. They'll probably end up putting their sensors in Canons, the way things are going. Lol! Wink

GarethRobinson
19 Sep 2012 - 12:00 AM

did they steal that red triangle from nikon.
man it's one fug-ugly camera...

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 19 Sep 2012 - 12:06 AM
redsnappa
redsnappa  111898 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Sep 2012 - 7:51 PM

Sony are desperate and losiing money hand over fist.
Sony were late to introduce their own models during the introduction of digital cameras
Sony were late to introdusce their own models during the introduction of Android 'phones
Sony were late to introduce their own models during the introduction of tablets devices.

Now Sony are looking to the past in partnering with Hasselblad, good luck Sony.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314893 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2012 - 7:54 PM

Quote: Sony are desperate and losiing money hand over fist

Hardly, the news is there about to invest billions in Olympus.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-22/sony-in-final-stages-of-talks-to-invest...

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 22 Sep 2012 - 7:56 PM
Leif
Leif  9722 forum posts
22 Sep 2012 - 9:40 PM

The new 'Hasselblad' camera is vile, and in appalling bad taste. I guess it'll sell in huge numbers to Russian billionaires etc. then. Smile

Quote: Sony are desperate and losiing money hand over fist.
Sony were late to introduce their own models during the introduction of digital cameras
Sony were late to introdusce their own models during the introduction of Android 'phones
Sony were late to introduce their own models during the introduction of tablets devices.

Now Sony are looking to the past in partnering with Hasselblad, good luck Sony.

Sony supply the sensors in most Nikon cameras, where most is interpreted in terms of numbers sold. The Sony mirrorless cameras such as the X100 are extremely well regarded.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
22 Sep 2012 - 10:05 PM

Interesting times. Smile

Oh and somebody give that Hasselblad thing a decent burial, please! (Another hideous example here)

Steppenwolf
23 Sep 2012 - 8:35 AM

It'll be very interesting to see if Hasselblad design an A-mount DSLR or if it'll be an SLT.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.