Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Have Apple lost the plot?

User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
17 Dec 2012 12:02PM

Quote:The trouble with a lot of the new tablets, however, is that they are Android based

Android? A couple yeah but loads of the new tablets on the block are Windows based. http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/windows-8-tablets-release-date-specs-and-prices-916134

Asus, Dell, HP, Acer, Lenovo, Samsung, Sony etc etc are making Windows 8 tablets and hyrbids. Windows 8 unifies desktop, laptop, tablet and phone. It can be used with touchscreen or traditional mouse or keyboard.

As for Google/Android not being used in mainstream computing PC World were selling a lot of Chromebooks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
17 Dec 2012 12:48PM
The nice thing about Android is its Linux heritage which also turns up on the desk top so why not a future where Android spans delivery devices. Already my smart TV box is very Linux like and communicates with my tablet. Also Android is maintained, my tablet shipped with Version 2.3 and is now running 4 as supported by the supplier.

this Windows move is interesting, I must admit I will look hard at a touch enabled laptop like device for the future and I would like to see greater interaction between a touch device and my main computer. I view Android as a platform just reaching maturity.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.