Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Have eBay Finally Lost the Plot?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
crazycucumber
27 Mar 2008 - 1:50 PM

Quote: very expensive in bank charges

Its free in the UK with internet Banking AFAIK

True Protection is an issue , But you lose so much money in ebay/paypal charges is it really worth it ?

Quote: I am currently holding back on putting my 70-200mm f4L up for sale

TRy the classifieds on this site , vivastreet, preloved , gumtree. I have had succsess on these before .

Maybe ephotozine should implement an ebay style classifieds on here ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Mar 2008 - 1:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
27 Mar 2008 - 3:53 PM

Quote: Hot on the heals of massive fee hikes, and the removal of a sellers right to leave a buyer negative feedback

I personally welcome that, the last three or four purchases I have made, I have paid, as always with Paypal within minutes. Surely every reason for giving me good feedback for paying immediately, but no, they have all said, leave me feedback, then I'll know you have received the goods, then I'll give you feedback. In other words, if you don't leave me good feedback, I'm going to slag you off. The sellers have had us by the cojones for too long, they made it very difficult to give them negative feedback if they deserved it.

looboss
looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2008 - 4:03 PM

I know what COJONES is Smile LOL Where did you learn such fowl language from ? Smile

darrensmithgbr
27 Mar 2008 - 4:05 PM

i agree with abwhitt, its rough on buyers when the seller refuses to give feedback until they have recieved it, I always contact sellers and pay them immediately and if I have a problem, I have to persevere rather than jsut being truthful with my feedback, but on the other hand I have sold items that the buyer has returned saying that it was not correct...all becasue he got an identical item cheaper from someone else....paypal and ebay refused to refund my fees as they sided with the buyer. At the end of the day, ebay/paypal just want our money!

fauxtography
27 Mar 2008 - 4:10 PM

Quote: I know what COJONES is LOL Where did you learn such fowl language from ?

from (A)Pollo Tongue

witheye
witheye  8190 forum posts
27 Mar 2008 - 4:38 PM

having used ebay for many years,mainly as a buyer
i find many lenses and such like
,have had very few times
to wave the paypal stick at anybody.
buyer has more protection than seller though.

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
27 Mar 2008 - 4:49 PM

Quote: I personally welcome that, the last three or four purchases I have made, I have paid, as always with Paypal within minutes. Surely every reason for giving me good feedback for paying immediately,

No. because all I can say is "paid", how do I know you are not going to turn out to be the buyer from hell, who claims it don't work, then sends me back a brick in a box or a faulty item that you have just swapped for the good one I sent you.

Oh I forget, I can't even neg a non-paying bidder, but he can neg me.

Last Modified By cambirder at 27 Mar 2008 - 4:51 PM
keith selmes
27 Mar 2008 - 5:38 PM

I learned it from Ernest Hemingway.

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
27 Mar 2008 - 6:35 PM

Quote: Surely the new rules allow that non-paying bidders are shown to be non-paying bidders?

No, and the head of Trust and Safety has just announced on the Ebay boards that PP must be offered and accepted on collect only items, even though PP will automatically refund a scammer who claims he has not received it.

Un ****ing believable

Last Modified By cambirder at 27 Mar 2008 - 6:39 PM
agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
27 Mar 2008 - 6:50 PM

Pues, hombre ¡no todos los guiris son gamberros ingleses! Puedo defenderme bastante bien en español, pero por supuesto, dista mucho de ser perfecto. Vivo en el quinto pino, y hay pocos españoles por estos lares, pero gracias a Skype, puedo pulir y mejorar mis conocimientos de español hablando con unos tíos españoles.

elowes
elowes  102832 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Mar 2008 - 7:12 PM

Fowl language? Never knew chickens could swear and if they did would we understand? Smile

As for my attempts to buy on ebay:

Attempt 1. A threatening email from some prat in Italy because I would not take up his offer of a similar item to the one I had been bidding on.

Attempt 2. The item was withdrawn due to an 'irregularity'

On the second go I was convinced I was bidding against the seller.

Last Modified By elowes at 27 Mar 2008 - 7:12 PM
Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2008 - 8:44 PM

I gave up selling on ebay a few years ago when I was having buyers claim they never received my items and getting their money back via Paypal and ebay couldn't care less.

I have just this week listed something on ebay for the first time since then and only 3 days into the auction I am having problems but funnily enough not with ebay but with Photobucket.

I just cannot believe what has happened, I am selling a lifesize 1960's Indian shop mannequin and I have taken photos of it for the listing only to find that photobucket have deleted them on grounds of obsceneity!!!!!
This mannequin has stood in all her anatomical glory at the top of my stairs for years and I have children, exactly what is obscene about a shop mannequin, 60's India didn't have a problem with it!!!!!
Unbelievable.

looboss
27 Mar 2008 - 8:47 PM

Quote: photobucket have deleted them on grounds of obsceneity!!!!!

Would this be an American company??? I don't know but.....

looboss
27 Mar 2008 - 8:48 PM

Quote: Quote:I know what COJONES is LOL Where did you learn such fowl language from ?Pues, hombre ¡no todos los guiris son gamberros ingleses! Puedo defenderme bastante bien en español, pero por supuesto, dista mucho de ser perfecto. Vivo en el quinto pino, y hay pocos españoles por estos lares, pero gracias a Skype, puedo pulir y mejorar mis conocimientos de español hablando con unos tíos españoles.

Joderr.......... impresionante!
en que parte del quinto pino vives?

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2008 - 10:25 PM

Just got an email from Photobucket, apparently my mannequin has areolas which must be illegal in America, they told me to put nipple tassles on her, which considering that's what strippers wear they are basically telling me to eroticise it and then it will be fine.

Bunch of perverts.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.