Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Have eBay Finally Lost the Plot?

Fishnet 10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2008 11:08PM
They told me to put 'pasties' on it, which are nipple tassles, but in the UK pasties are something slightly different, so I've done this .

Weirdos.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pepperst 7 2.3k 4 Wales
27 Mar 2008 11:14PM
Love it,

That'll confuse um, or at least give a clear message about what you think of them
TheViking 7 115 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2008 11:30PM

Quote:They told me to put 'pasties' on it, which are nipple tassles, but in the UK pasties are something slightly different, so I've done this.

Weirdos.

Ahahaha thats soo funny ... just made my evening ... PB are a bunch of numpties .... you should get a Walagata account instead you can host any file you like no questions asked
cambirder 10 7.2k England
27 Mar 2008 11:44PM
Smile have you linked your listing to that image?

If you do, don't forget to include the disclaimer

"Pasties not included", or your buyer might file a SNAD Smile
27 Mar 2008 11:46PM
Oh er, forgot about that, if the worst comes to the worst I can always chuck a couple of Ginsters in with her lol
scotty99 8 123
28 Mar 2008 12:20AM
Ha , love the pastie story. I may be weird but as a single man, the mannequin is rather alluring!!! even more so with pasties added, but I am from northern England where we love a pie a or pastie!!

Seriously though, I am about to sell some music and camera equipment on Ebay so this is worrying. The last item I sold, the winning bidder tried the old complete the transaction outside ebay/redirect the item to Nigeria trick, took a while to get the fees back for that item, and the hassle of reselling the item again.

regards Scott
28 Mar 2008 12:30AM

Quote:Ha , love the pastie story. I may be weird but as a single man, the mannequin is rather alluring!!! even more so with pasties added, but I am from northern England where we love a pie a or pastie!!

regards Scott

Hmmm, that's niche photo idea I haven't tried yet.....
col.campbell 11 797 4 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2008 8:06AM
Well the whole pasty business must be rather unwholesome and sordid since the firewall this computer's got on it, won't let me see it!
KarenFB 8 4.3k 163 England
28 Mar 2008 8:29AM

Quote:They told me to put 'pasties' on it, which are nipple tassles, but in the UK pasties are something slightly different, so I've done this.

Hilarious!!!

My daughter often uses Ebay for both buying and selling.............whenever she's had a buying problem it's been sorted eventually. But personally I wouldn't use it. There are too many people after my money as it is, without inviting conmen to help themselves.
sidaorb 8 3.9k 2 England
28 Mar 2008 8:39AM

Quote:Quote:Ha , love the pastie story. I may be weird but as a single man, the mannequin is rather alluring!!! even more so with pasties added, but I am from northern England where we love a pie a or pastie!!

regards ScottHmmm, that's niche photo idea I haven't tried yet.....

I hate to think what Anna's mind is going to come up with Wink
MikeFisher 9 202 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2008 10:01AM

Quote:Have Ebay Finally Lost the Plot?

Looks that way to me, ive been an ebay member since jan 04, but after my latest transactions have completed/been finalised i'm deleting my account, and using other sites (if i find any? recommendations welcome Smile )

Shame as i used to go to car boots, pick stuff up cheap and sell it on ebay and make a killing...

but hiding bidder ids will only increase schill bidding (have reported it in the past, and guess what, nothing happens..), and now forcing paypal on every listing is the final straw. So goodbye eba(tt)y you're history.

Off to get a pasty now, (subliminal advertising i'm sure) lol
sidaorb 8 3.9k 2 England
28 Mar 2008 11:49AM
So does anybody have any experience of any alternatives ?? If so which ones?
crazycucumber 6 176 1 England
28 Mar 2008 12:32PM
Have used ebid in the past as a buyer , found the prices a little cheaper than ebay , probably due to less competition.

ALso had success in selling and buying on the classifieds : Vivastreet , Gumtree , preloved
EmmaG_M 6 136 4 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2008 1:03PM
I very rarely use evilbay to buy camera equipment, but I do use it to purchase my LDD, I have never been stung and have always recieved what I paid for eventually, but almost always ended up paying over the odds (bloody snipers) and have since found alternative ways to get them at a set price that's reasonable. From other collectors! lol!
cambirder 10 7.2k England
28 Mar 2008 1:13PM

Quote:(bloody snipers)

Nothing wrong with sniping, its the best way to avoid being shilled.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.