Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Have eBay Finally Lost the Plot?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2008 - 11:08 PM

They told me to put 'pasties' on it, which are nipple tassles, but in the UK pasties are something slightly different, so I've done this.

Weirdos.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Mar 2008 - 11:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pepperst
pepperst  62328 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2008 - 11:14 PM

Love it,

That'll confuse um, or at least give a clear message about what you think of them

TheViking
TheViking  7115 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Mar 2008 - 11:30 PM

Quote: They told me to put 'pasties' on it, which are nipple tassles, but in the UK pasties are something slightly different, so I've done this.

Weirdos.

Ahahaha thats soo funny ... just made my evening ... PB are a bunch of numpties .... you should get a Walagata account instead you can host any file you like no questions asked

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
27 Mar 2008 - 11:44 PM

Smile have you linked your listing to that image?

If you do, don't forget to include the disclaimer

"Pasties not included", or your buyer might file a SNAD Smile

Last Modified By cambirder at 27 Mar 2008 - 11:45 PM
Fishnet
27 Mar 2008 - 11:46 PM

Oh er, forgot about that, if the worst comes to the worst I can always chuck a couple of Ginsters in with her lol

scotty99
scotty99  8121 forum posts
28 Mar 2008 - 12:20 AM

Ha , love the pastie story. I may be weird but as a single man, the mannequin is rather alluring!!! even more so with pasties added, but I am from northern England where we love a pie a or pastie!!

Seriously though, I am about to sell some music and camera equipment on Ebay so this is worrying. The last item I sold, the winning bidder tried the old complete the transaction outside ebay/redirect the item to Nigeria trick, took a while to get the fees back for that item, and the hassle of reselling the item again.

regards Scott

Fishnet
28 Mar 2008 - 12:30 AM

Quote: Ha , love the pastie story. I may be weird but as a single man, the mannequin is rather alluring!!! even more so with pasties added, but I am from northern England where we love a pie a or pastie!!

regards Scott

Hmmm, that's niche photo idea I haven't tried yet.....

col.campbell
28 Mar 2008 - 8:06 AM

Well the whole pasty business must be rather unwholesome and sordid since the firewall this computer's got on it, won't let me see it!

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84271 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2008 - 8:29 AM

Quote: They told me to put 'pasties' on it, which are nipple tassles, but in the UK pasties are something slightly different, so I've done this.

Hilarious!!!

My daughter often uses Ebay for both buying and selling.............whenever she's had a buying problem it's been sorted eventually. But personally I wouldn't use it. There are too many people after my money as it is, without inviting conmen to help themselves.

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2008 - 8:39 AM

Quote: Quote:Ha , love the pastie story. I may be weird but as a single man, the mannequin is rather alluring!!! even more so with pasties added, but I am from northern England where we love a pie a or pastie!!

regards ScottHmmm, that's niche photo idea I haven't tried yet.....

I hate to think what Anna's mind is going to come up with Wink

MikeFisher
28 Mar 2008 - 10:01 AM

Quote: Have Ebay Finally Lost the Plot?

Looks that way to me, ive been an ebay member since jan 04, but after my latest transactions have completed/been finalised i'm deleting my account, and using other sites (if i find any? recommendations welcome Smile )

Shame as i used to go to car boots, pick stuff up cheap and sell it on ebay and make a killing...

but hiding bidder ids will only increase schill bidding (have reported it in the past, and guess what, nothing happens..), and now forcing paypal on every listing is the final straw. So goodbye eba(tt)y you're history.

Off to get a pasty now, (subliminal advertising i'm sure) lol

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2008 - 11:49 AM

So does anybody have any experience of any alternatives ?? If so which ones?

crazycucumber
28 Mar 2008 - 12:32 PM

Have used ebid in the past as a buyer , found the prices a little cheaper than ebay , probably due to less competition.

ALso had success in selling and buying on the classifieds : Vivastreet , Gumtree , preloved

EmmaG_M
EmmaG_M  6136 forum posts United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2008 - 1:03 PM

I very rarely use evilbay to buy camera equipment, but I do use it to purchase my LDD, I have never been stung and have always recieved what I paid for eventually, but almost always ended up paying over the odds (bloody snipers) and have since found alternative ways to get them at a set price that's reasonable. From other collectors! lol!

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
28 Mar 2008 - 1:13 PM

Quote: (bloody snipers)

Nothing wrong with sniping, its the best way to avoid being shilled.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.