Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Have eBay Finally Lost the Plot?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Fishnet
Fishnet  94976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2008 - 3:15 PM

I always use sniping software too.
I don't see how you can spend over the odds on ebay though as you set your maximum bid.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Mar 2008 - 3:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jamescarr
jamescarr  5
3 Oct 2008 - 11:44 AM

Another good classifieds site thats worth using is www.adflyer.co.uk

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2008 - 11:57 AM

I have used eBay for years but refuse to use them since they stopped sellers leaving negative feedback. I recently sold a phone by auction and then the guy refused to pay saying 'the phone was not worth the final price'. He didn't respond when I asked him why he had bid more than he thought it was worth.

Maybe I'll take a look at eBid and Adflyer.

Ian

conrad
conrad e2 Member 910870 forum postsconrad vcard 116 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2008 - 12:06 PM

I buy on eBay and sell on their local subsidiary, marktplaats.nl. Even the times I've bought something I wasn't happy with, I've been able to make a profit anyway, and the feedback issue is not a problem on the local site.

keith selmes
3 Oct 2008 - 12:44 PM

Looking in the ebay community discussions, it appeared they had some new facilities for sellers, which were more effective than just give neg feedback. Can't remember the details, but some people seemed to feel it gave them an improvement, a bit under the covers, but good once you know it. Essentially, you can check when a buyer has been a problem, and block them from your auctions.
Just can't remember the details.

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2008 - 12:46 PM

I had a look Keith and could find no information about problem buyers. I would be interested in seeing that page if anybody knows where it is.

Ian

keith selmes
3 Oct 2008 - 1:21 PM

sorry can't find it myself now, and i think i need to

conrad
conrad e2 Member 910870 forum postsconrad vcard 116 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2008 - 1:27 PM

Quote: i think i need to

LOL, you'd better find it, then.

Let us know, it sounds good.

Hang on. I think the last time I sold something on eBay there were extra fields to fill in for the auction, and I seem to remember you could indeed ban certain groups of eBay members from bidding. I think it's in the listing options, Keith.

digicammad
3 Oct 2008 - 1:30 PM

If you are not allowed to leave negative feedback I suppose these options must be to do with not allowing bids from people who have been involved in disputes. Seems a bit woolly to me.

digicammad
3 Oct 2008 - 2:33 PM

Found it. It allows you to automatically block bids from buyers who have had non-payment reports or policy breaches, but the minimum is 2 non payments or 4 breaches in the last month! As far as I am concerned anybody with 1 or more breaches is somebody I don't want bidding on my stuff.

User_Removed
3 Oct 2008 - 2:38 PM

Bookmarking Ian's link. Thanks Ian...

conrad
3 Oct 2008 - 2:38 PM

Ah, good find. Yes, I agree - if I could set the threshold, it would be 1 non-payment.

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92967 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Feb 2013 - 1:47 PM

This might be of interest although it is very limited

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.