Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Hawk Conservancy Trust (Andover) Sat 24-03-07

Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
22 Mar 2007 1:11PM
Hello Folks,
Myself and Sue intend visiting this venue this coming Saturday and wondered if anyone would like to join us for a day out, more details can be found out here if your interested? Hawk Conservancy

I've sent an email to the folks I think might be most interested in this trip, but thought I best list the trip in the forums in case anyone is interested or in case (shock horror) I've forgotten anyone.

We intend arriving at the venue by about 11am, this will give us plenty of time before the first flying display at 12 to say hello and make sure everyone have been introduced to each other before the action starts.

Of course everyone is welcome to come along and we'll especially welcome members that are either new to EPZ or have never been on an EPZ meet before, just come along make yourself known to me/us, I'm a big bloke who can't normally be missed and just so you don't have trouble recognising me, I'll be tugging behind me a little green trolley that I put all my kit in....It saves my dodgy spine Smile Talk to me nicely and I'll try and give advice and help to anyone who feels they need it.....

If you feel like coming along, just add your name here and hopefully we'll see you there, those of you that might be interested......

Regards to all......Ade & Sue.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
22 Mar 2007 2:34PM
Would love to make this Ade but I have to be in Oxfordshire on Saturday...

:-(
Maiwand e2
8 3 69 England
22 Mar 2007 2:37PM
Will endeavour to make it Ade. Got to re-arrange one or two things if I can.
Ron
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
22 Mar 2007 2:57PM
Well I'll be there regardless, but the more folk that come the better and the invitation is open to everyone!

Mike, Andover's only a quick blast down the A34 from Oxfordshire, so that's a lame excuse mate.....LOL

Hope to see you there Ron and anyone else that feels like a fun day out.

Ade
MeanGreeny e2
9 3.7k England
22 Mar 2007 3:32PM
Gentlemen, This Reminds Me........

A friend of mine was President of Andovers Split Image Photographic Society and he was at the Hawk Conservancy taking pictures of the owls flying on a calm day.

A lady visitor there expressed an interest in what he was doing and he moved into 'Recruitment Mode' explaining about the club as well as what an SLR was and various types of film for wildlife etc etc. All basic stuff.

She paid very careful and patient attention to his every word and, at the end sensing she was still interested in photography he asked her name...........

"Heather Angel" she replied.

*snigger*
elkiebrooks e2
11 83 5 United Kingdom
22 Mar 2007 3:44PM
I take it then that the A303 will be clogged with EPZers on the way to this meet. And there was me going up to Andover to say hello to me Mummy for the first time in 12 months on Saturday. If I have time I might pop in. If not have a good time.
22 Mar 2007 4:26PM
Can't make weekends Ade as it is to busy for me, thanks for the invite & have a great day. Hope the weather will be better than it is forcasted.
22 Mar 2007 4:46PM
I've been looking for somewhere to go this weekend and try out my new camera. Should be able to make it with the wife and son as long as the forecast doesn't change for the worst!

Looking forward to meeting you both,

Mike.
BigCol e2
13 1.8k 1 Scotland
22 Mar 2007 5:40PM
Now then. My wife has just suggested a day out on Saturday. Do you think she'd be awfully upset if I dragged her along here?

Maybe not, next time perhaps.

have a good day, the weather's supposed to be good.

Col
csurry
12 9.2k 92
22 Mar 2007 7:35PM
Not this time thanks Ade.

Definitely intend to get back there sometime this year, but Newcastle to Andover and then back to Newcastle, maybe not the best use of my weekend this time around.

Anyway I still have a few thousand images to edit Smile
geniehawk e2
8 181 England
22 Mar 2007 7:37PM
Hi Ade and all, I hope to be there on Saturday and would like any help going as I have spent a lot of time around birds of prey but never from behind the camera! Looking forward to meeting you all,

Jeannie.
ValSaxby e2
9 140 United Kingdom
22 Mar 2007 10:13PM
Hi Ade and Sue

Count me in - have confirmed not having to work this weekend and can catch up on study on sunday. Look forward to it. Fingers crossed on the weather.

Val

PS have emailed you my mobile number.
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
23 Mar 2007 11:34AM
Just bumping this up a bit in case no-ones seen it and are wondering what to do with themselves on Saturday, look forward to seeing you there those of you that can make it.

I'll be quite happy to pass on what skills I have if anyone needs it or are feeling a bit out of their depth, just make sure you ask, because I don't want anyone going home thinking the day was a waste of time.....I want to see everybody that attends post at least one or two shots of the birds.....

See you there.....Ade & Sue
Mayfly e2
9 485 2 United Kingdom
23 Mar 2007 11:47AM
Ade - I would love to go, but have no way of getting there ! unless anyone lives in the Bath area and is going would be happy take a hitchiker ?

Andy.
BigCol e2
13 1.8k 1 Scotland
23 Mar 2007 12:19PM

Quote:I'll be quite happy to pass on what skills I have if anyone needs it

I thought the idea was to take photographs on Saturday?

;o)

Hope you all have a good day, looking forward to seeing the results.

Col

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.