Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

HC awards

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : Question Answered - Discussed many times before

redstag e2
9 100 14 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2009 1:01PM
I bet this has been covered to death, but, I have been catching up on my favourites and I have been struck by how some shots get HCs but others which look better to me don't (even in the same pf so it isn't a 'why do the same old people always get HCs' post).
So, I have an idea. As I understand it HCs are no longer awarded by Pete but by various people, so how about when an HC or other award is given, the person making the award gives a simple reason why, be it great creative thinking, or good DoF or whatever.
Just an idea to help those of us who haven't had many (or no) HCs improve.
Jon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
21 Feb 2009 1:04PM
It has been asked for before.
Unfortunately some of the people making these decisions don't want to be publicly identified let alone give reasons for their choices.
kinfatric 10 550 9 Scotland
21 Feb 2009 1:06PM
boyd beat me to it but here's a recent link to a similar question
redstag e2
9 100 14 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2009 1:09PM
I understand the need for anonimity but surely a blank identity HC Judge or similar could be used.
Jon
redstag e2
9 100 14 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2009 1:13PM
just had a look at the link, yes that's helpful, and I guess because two judges have to click to get the HC then there is no way of really knowing why an HC has been awarded unless there is some other final vetting going on.
I just want improve, hence the question, and actually comments from us normal togs are helping me do that.

thanks for taking time to reply.

Jon