Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HD 1080p editing software

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    LensYews
    LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Apr 2010 - 7:38 PM

Hi,

I've been trying out the HD video on my dslr today. I don't have any video editing software on my PC (Running windows 7), can anyone recommend a good software package for editing HD 1080p 25fps video, with YouTube being the intended publication format?

Preferably a freeware, shareware, or trial version, as I can't see myself using this function all that often (too used to autofocus with Stills).

Steve

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Apr 2010 - 7:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Apr 2010 - 8:16 PM

Roxio Creator 2010 has a full suite of all things video.

Not a freebie but there is a trial option.

There is also one by " Cyberlink " can't remember the name, But it is supposed to be HD 1080p compatible....!

Ah! Here it is " Power Director "....Linky thing...Smile

Last Modified By cameracat at 5 Apr 2010 - 8:17 PM
    gary_k
    gary_k  975 forum posts England
    6 Apr 2010 - 11:46 AM

I've played a little bit too, having just got a 7D. You can download Windows Live Movie Maker for free ( a sister app to Live/MSN Messenger), it offers basic editing features.

I can't vouch for 1080p, as I haven't tried it yet - because my telly's only 720p.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2010 - 12:05 PM

You can get a trial version of Vegas Pro 9 from here.

I can confirm it works well with 1080p video. If you decide to use Vegas Pro 9 I can give you a few settings which I myself use.

LensYews
    6 Apr 2010 - 7:04 PM

I hit a problem with movie maker in that it wouldn't read quicktime movies, and since I had an entire day's shoot in quicktime movies I wasn't going to upload and convert them all. I did run one through a converter just to test it out, but the converter failed.

I've had a look a quicktime pro, but that looks fairly limited, certainly nothing to rescue my early attempts (but then I expected to lose those - I suspect I'll need to set aside another day given what I've reviewed so far.)

Just downloading Vegas Pro 9 now, so hopefully that will be a bit more user friendly.

LensYews
    14 Apr 2010 - 12:20 AM

I tried the Sony software but found that it had too high a learning curve, for what I was prepared to put into it. Instead I've bought Cyberlink's PowerDirector8 Ultra which is so user friendly and intuitive, I struggled with the Sony software for 3 evenings and got no where.

One evening with PowerDirector and I've got a finished film, and without once having to go looking for instructions. Sure its not as powerful as the Sony software, but it has everything I need.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Apr 2010 - 12:39 AM

Interesting - it's always good to hear about user-friendly software. Smile

stomp
    stomp  12203 forum posts England
    14 Apr 2010 - 6:44 AM

Quote: I hit a problem with movie maker in that it wouldn't read quicktime movies, and since I had an entire day's shoot in quicktime movies I wasn't going to upload and convert them all. I did run one through a converter just to test it out, but the converter failed.

I've had a look a quicktime pro, but that looks fairly limited, certainly nothing to rescue my early attempts (but then I expected to lose those - I suspect I'll need to set aside another day given what I've reviewed so far.)

Just downloading Vegas Pro 9 now, so hopefully that will be a bit more user friendly.

Try making a copy of the file but renaming it with an .MP4 extension and it could work. Apparently the Quicktime file out of the camera is just an MP4 file under a different name.

BUT REMEMBER TO USE A COPY OF THE FILESmileSmile

Steve

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.