Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

HDR - a whole new world

tanglefoot e2
10 963 England
27 Sep 2012 11:16PM
My personal opinion is, crap, just my opinion and, no I don't want to try it, I think it totally spoils a good shot...sorry

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2012 11:21PM

Quote:My personal opinion is, crap, just my opinion and, no I don't want to try it, I think it totally spoils a good shot...sorry
If only I under stood punctuation better. Just had an eats shoots and leaves moment. Tongue
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
28 Sep 2012 3:43AM
I have never tried HDR, but I probably will sometime, just too much on my plate right now. It's my opinion that the more one experiments and tries, the more one learns.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
28 Sep 2012 4:11PM

Quote:My personal opinion is, crap, just my opinion and, no I don't want to try it, I think it totally spoils a good shot...sorry

So....how do you go about capturing an 18EV scene on a 14EV sensor? (or an 11EV sensor if you use a Canon)?

ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
28 Sep 2012 4:20PM

so HDR ruins ALL images - I consider myself educated Wink
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
28 Sep 2012 4:22PM

If you can tell its been used then either (a) it is done deliberately for effect or (b) not been used properly.
From what I have seen, my view is that most of them fall into (b)
RogBrown e2
8 3.0k 10 England
28 Sep 2012 5:37PM

Quote:so HDR ruins ALL images - I consider myself educated Wink

Me too. We've obviously been wasting our time all these years Ade. Smile
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
28 Sep 2012 6:23PM
I only use it once in a blue moon, but I must have wasted my cash once again! Sad

Ade
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
28 Sep 2012 6:51PM

Quote:so HDR ruins ALL images - I consider myself educated Wink
Me too. We've obviously been wasting our time all these years Ade. Smile

and all that money I've earned from HDR images has been a complete fraud I guess Wink
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
28 Sep 2012 7:15PM

Quote:and all that money I've earned from HDR images has been a complete fraud I guess

Well I had my suspicions, but never wanted to say owt! Tongue

AdeWink
CDSINUK e2
2 223 England
30 Sep 2012 5:59PM
could be worse all cameras could be made by microsoft !!! imagine the upgrade headaches, oh wait the way technology is going we will be using just our eyes next year to take imagesSmile
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2012 9:24PM

Quote:all cameras could be made by microsoft
An interesting thought. I guess the upside would be that you could fit any lens to the camera and download a patch to make it work.

The android camera would eventually turn out to be quite good about a year after you bought it but it would be very re-configurable and in the first year it will have tried your patience.

The Linux camera would be free, but it would require a degree to operate and you no doubt would have to complete the build yourself and spend quite a few hours helping others complete theirs. A beard would help the process

The apple one would have a glossy and shiny finish and have only one button and it would know what lens you would need. And of course it will cost twice the price of the rest and only work with officially sanctioned memory cards. .
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
30 Sep 2012 9:52PM

Quote:An interesting thought. I guess the upside would be that you could fit any lens to the camera and download a patch to make it work

No thanks, I would`nt fancy all zillions of firmware upgrades that would be needed each week Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.