Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HDR - a whole new world

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tanglefoot
27 Sep 2012 - 11:16 PM

My personal opinion is, crap, just my opinion and, no I don't want to try it, I think it totally spoils a good shot...sorry

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Sep 2012 - 11:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
strawman  1022004 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
27 Sep 2012 - 11:21 PM

Quote: My personal opinion is, crap, just my opinion and, no I don't want to try it, I think it totally spoils a good shot...sorry

If only I under stood punctuation better. Just had an eats shoots and leaves moment. Tongue

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014504 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2012 - 3:43 AM

I have never tried HDR, but I probably will sometime, just too much on my plate right now. It's my opinion that the more one experiments and tries, the more one learns.

User_Removed
28 Sep 2012 - 4:11 PM

Quote: My personal opinion is, crap, just my opinion and, no I don't want to try it, I think it totally spoils a good shot...sorry

So....how do you go about capturing an 18EV scene on a 14EV sensor? (or an 11EV sensor if you use a Canon)?

Last Modified By User_Removed at 28 Sep 2012 - 4:12 PM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014749 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2012 - 4:20 PM

so HDR ruins ALL images - I consider myself educated Wink

mikehit
mikehit  46193 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2012 - 4:22 PM

If you can tell its been used then either (a) it is done deliberately for effect or (b) not been used properly.
From what I have seen, my view is that most of them fall into (b)

RogBrown
RogBrown  72997 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2012 - 5:37 PM

Quote: so HDR ruins ALL images - I consider myself educated Wink

Me too. We've obviously been wasting our time all these years Ade. Smile

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2012 - 6:23 PM

I only use it once in a blue moon, but I must have wasted my cash once again! Sad

Ade

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014749 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2012 - 6:51 PM

Quote: so HDR ruins ALL images - I consider myself educated Wink
Me too. We've obviously been wasting our time all these years Ade. Smile

and all that money I've earned from HDR images has been a complete fraud I guess Wink

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
28 Sep 2012 - 7:15 PM

Quote: and all that money I've earned from HDR images has been a complete fraud I guess

Well I had my suspicions, but never wanted to say owt! Tongue

AdeWink

CDSINUK
CDSINUK  2223 forum posts England
30 Sep 2012 - 5:59 PM

could be worse all cameras could be made by microsoft !!! imagine the upgrade headaches, oh wait the way technology is going we will be using just our eyes next year to take imagesSmile

strawman
strawman  1022004 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
30 Sep 2012 - 9:24 PM

Quote: all cameras could be made by microsoft

An interesting thought. I guess the upside would be that you could fit any lens to the camera and download a patch to make it work.

The android camera would eventually turn out to be quite good about a year after you bought it but it would be very re-configurable and in the first year it will have tried your patience.

The Linux camera would be free, but it would require a degree to operate and you no doubt would have to complete the build yourself and spend quite a few hours helping others complete theirs. A beard would help the process

The apple one would have a glossy and shiny finish and have only one button and it would know what lens you would need. And of course it will cost twice the price of the rest and only work with officially sanctioned memory cards. .

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314978 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
30 Sep 2012 - 9:52 PM

Quote: An interesting thought. I guess the upside would be that you could fit any lens to the camera and download a patch to make it work

No thanks, I would`nt fancy all zillions of firmware upgrades that would be needed each week Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 30 Sep 2012 - 9:53 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.