Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HDR - which software?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Daffy1
Daffy1  6336 forum posts Ireland
15 Mar 2009 - 11:51 AM

I am thinking of getting Photomatix Pro,is it any good ? Are there any others ? Cost not very important.

Damian

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Mar 2009 - 11:51 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Fearniespurs
15 Mar 2009 - 11:54 AM

Quote: I am thinking of getting Photomatix Pro,is it any good ? Are there any others ? Cost not very important.

Damian

Hi you will find that Photomatix is probably one of the best HDR software available, you can do HDR images with CS3 but it takes more time

paulcr
paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
15 Mar 2009 - 11:55 AM

It takes more time and is not as user friendly. Photomatix is the way to go. Paul

Daffy1
Daffy1  6336 forum posts Ireland
15 Mar 2009 - 12:09 PM

Thanks lads. Now where is my credit card !!

Damian

cdm36
cdm36 e2 Member 10390 forum postscdm36 vcard England7 Constructive Critique Points
15 Mar 2009 - 12:14 PM

Quote: Thanks lads. Now where is my credit card !!

Damian

Top pocket of your coat and your pin is in your bedside cabinet Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315199 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Mar 2009 - 2:21 PM

Finding this pretty good and its free Smile

paulcr
paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
15 Mar 2009 - 2:35 PM

But it wont open RAW files. Paul

User_Removed
15 Mar 2009 - 3:31 PM

If you use Lightroom - get 'Enfuse'. Beats Photomatix into a cocked hat.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73848 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
15 Mar 2009 - 3:35 PM

The most under used feature of Photomatix is the Exposure blending one, the effects are to give a more realistic image than some of the tonemapping we see.

User_Removed
15 Mar 2009 - 3:51 PM

We see a lot of photomatix tonemapped pics on here. Initially I was impressed with the computer game texture but it is starting to look quite cliched and in fact has put me off getting the software as I thought this is how all my pictures would end up looking.

Is this the case or can someone put me right ?.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73848 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
15 Mar 2009 - 4:36 PM

Only the poorly done tone mapping can be easily identified - there is far more HDR on EPZ using photomatix than you think - only those who know how to use tone mapping judiciously dont advertise it. The key is not to try and reveal every last bit of detail in the shadows, and bump up the saturation. Don't be put off by bad examples.

DaveU
DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
15 Mar 2009 - 4:40 PM

If you buy a hifi and turn the treble to -10, the bass to +10 and the volume up full then (a) it will sound pretty awful and (b) your neighbours will report you to the council. But it does'nt have to be that way as you're in charge of the controls Wink

User_Removed
15 Mar 2009 - 5:01 PM

An interesting analogy....

Anyone like to point me to a few pics that have not been tonemapped to death ?. Obvious opportunity for legalised fishing !.

DaveU
DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
15 Mar 2009 - 5:12 PM

Modesty apart, virtually all of my stuff is tone-mapped to some extent ..... you may peek but please don't click or people will think me a shameless hussy Wink

Sland
Sland  7225 forum posts Scotland
15 Mar 2009 - 5:20 PM

Quote: Modesty apart, virtually all of my stuff is tone-mapped to some extent ..... you may peek but please don't click or people will think me a shameless hussy

Your pictures are stunning!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.